Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty

King's Bounty Famous series of Fantasy Real-time RPG with turn-based battles.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahes64 View Post
Ok, thanks for uploading that file.
Shubetcha!

Quote:
Ok, I decompiled all those 4 files and then compared them with "total commander", and it found at least 100 differences in each file!

After some testing I figured out that {X}{p} is dealing with position of stacks! Probably x,y and z along with their decimals make that number.

So a simple replacement of that number did the job and now everything is alright.

Now I am off to read modding forum and play previous installment a few times before trying to mod the game. Developer really have abandoned the game midway! Warriors of the north along with its expansion was the best in series (though companion part of it was its biggest flaw).
Read my post here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=229563
Fantastic find here! So {X}{p} is the position - that is good to know! I tried to see if the number of hexadecimal values was divisable by 3, but it has 16 values, so I'm not sure how the x, y, and z coordinates are generated from that number. That's where the editor came in handy for you though, since it generates those numbers for you.

Great job figuring all this out - I think you now see that using KB_DB_EDIT for small changes works wonders as long as you know what to change!

The editor can help with figuring things out or if you want to do a big mod like the Red Sands people did, then you pretty much have to use the editor.

Keep plugging away and post your progress from time to time!

Matt
Old 10-25-2016, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

The Legend has been created with another engine, thus extension of its files differ, do you know how can I load its files inside Crossworlds' editor???

Quote:
Fantastic find here! So {X}{p} is the position - that is good to know! I tried to see if the number of hexadecimal values was divisable by 3, but it has 16 values, so I'm not sure how the x, y, and z coordinates are generated from that number.
Guess some special formula is involved in generating this strange number!
Old 10-27-2016, 03:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
The Legend has been created with another engine, thus extension of its files differ, do you know how can I load its files inside Crossworlds' editor???
There is a post in the editor forum where someone stated that they had indeed loaded the "The Legend" files into the editor. There were some things not working, but for the most part they were imported okay.

I'm not sure how to do that, but you may be able to post in there or PM the person who did it to see if they are still around and hopefully they'll get back to you.

I don't know the exact post, but if you go through the editor topics you should be able to find it since it is only a few pages.

Good luck!

Matt
Old 11-05-2016, 01:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
There is a post in the editor forum where someone stated that they had indeed loaded the "The Legend" files into the editor. There were some things not working, but for the most part they were imported okay.

I'm not sure how to do that, but you may be able to post in there or PM the person who did it to see if they are still around and hopefully they'll get back to you.

I don't know the exact post, but if you go through the editor topics you should be able to find it since it is only a few pages.

Good luck!

Matt
I had already read that topic, thing is that they simply mentioned their success in loading TL maps inside the editor, but never mentioned how they did it!

Unfortunately they are not around currently. (According to their profile pages last time they visited this site was years ago)

So it seems that my only hope is to ask it over the editor forum.

Last edited by jahes64; 11-05-2016 at 01:38 AM.