Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
Old missions may be incompatible with new loads." from the read me. hmmmm
Departure from DT of it's old core members, unfortunately caused lack of supervision and determination, which brought quality of the latest release to an amature modder quality sub-standard level.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

with all respect to you
but I dissagree with you...

in any case it's better than clear 4.13RC04

Old 04-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for the patch DT
Old 04-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Default A little lost

At the end of the readme file there is a topic I cannot understand how to use it or where to use it. It is about the Customization.ini.

Plane S.S.S.
- [WheelSpatsHide] key - Hide wheel pants.

Plane I-153 M62
- [Show_EarlyProp] key - turns on early type spinner.
- [Show_Antenna] key - turns on external radio equipment elements.
- [Hide_Radiator] key - turns off movable cooling shutters (cooler operation disabled). This modification is used on Kuban at 1942.
- [Hide_WheelCover] key - turns off small landing gear doors. This modification is used on unprepared airfields at the spring mud.

Plane I-153 M63
- [Show_Antenna] key - turns on external radio equipment elements.
- [Hide_Radiator] key - turns off movable cooling shutters (cooler operation disabled). This modification is used on Kuban at 1942.
- [Hide_WheelCover] key - turns off small landing gear doors. This modification is used on unprepared airfields at the spring mud.

Planes I-16 types 24, 28, 29
- [MissingWheelCovers] key - turns off small landing gear doors. This modification is used on unprepared airfields at the spring mud.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

in folder with skin for that plane present txt file in which you can set that value and you will get that changes on external model

Old 04-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-38L View Post
At the end of the readme file there is a topic I cannot understand how to use it or where to use it. It is about the Customization.ini.
I found this confusing at first. I think the customization options came out in 4.09. They are a neat addition when you get the hang of it. You can use them to remove wheel covers, or use different types of sight in the D.XXI and so on (if they've been designed into the model of course).

For example, if you look at the S.S.S aircraft in the QMB, you'll see that whichever skin you select it will have coverings over the wheels. You may want to remove the coverings, say when using winter skins. To do this you need to enter a code for the relevant skin into a customization file. Finding the code is a little fiddly at first.

In the aircraft skin folder (PaintSchemes\Skins\C.C.C) is a file called 'Customization.ini', which also has a brief explanation of how to use it. It will have an entry like this:

[WheelSpatsHide]
winter

- The long number is a skin code. You need to add your own codes here. I've added two winter skins, so my entry now reads:

[WheelSpatsHide]
winter

To get this working, first go to your Paintschemes\Cache folder. It probably already has many files in it, you can delete them all to make it easier. If you don't want to do that, just sort them according to date so you can check the most recent entries but it really makes it easier with a clean folder.

Next start up the QMB and select the aircraft, in this case the S.S.S / C.C.C. Go to the skin selection and pick a skin. I used the 'CCC_Standart_winter.bmp'. Start the flight (you need to actually fly for the skin entry to appear in the cache folder). Have a look with F2 and the wheel covers will be on. Now leave the game and look at the Paintschemes\Cache folder again. There will be a new folder with a long number as its name. Mine was called '-4736321700717977883' but I'm guessing it will be different for other people. If you didn't empty the cache folder, you can check the skin in the folder to make sure it's the right one. Copy this number and paste it into the customization.ini under [WheelSpatsHide] and save the file.

Now when you go back to the game, that particular skin will have no wheel covers while the others still do. Note that they will show as normal in the skin selection window, but will be gone in game.

The same applies for the other aircraft and options -

In summary, start a flight with the skin you want to customize, leave the game and check the cache folder for the folder name, and enter that under the relevant entry in the aircraft's customization.ini.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

I've always wanted the spats for the I-15 on all the time, but of course I've never been able to make it work.

It would be great if this was a loadout choice and would work on or off line.

Also a couple of the old BlitzPigs have asked about reinstalling '46.

A: Does it work with Windows 10?

B: Is there a one step patch DL somewhere to bring it close to the current patch level?

If they have to install every patch from 4.07 on individually they are not going to bother...

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 04-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-38L View Post
Do customization options affect FM?
Old 04-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
I've always wanted the spats for the I-15 on all the time, but of course I've never been able to make it work.
It won't work if you have to use the default skins, but you should be able to have spats most of the time just by using another skin and adding the folder code to the customization.ini. With the I-15 the entry is adding spats rather than removing them (unlike the C.C.C which is the other way around). The lines are:

[WheelSpats]

and

[WheelSpatsGreen]

It would be nice to have a simple on/off setting though.

For your other questions, mission4today has a 4.07 to 4.12.2 megapatch.
I have no idea about Win10.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Thank You VERY MUCH !

is the locale de-DE missing ?