Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Approved Member

@Metathron and @Heroe; fire and poison does a % damage according to the amount of total health the stack has (and takes into consideration resistance and defense I think). So the more enemies there are; the more health the stack is going to have and the more damage it's going to take:

Ej: With 23000 lds you can have 1150 Miners with 22 health each (25300 total health) and 9 Black Dragons with 1000 health each (9000 health in total). If the are both poisoned and the poison does 10% of the total health, the miners are going to take 2530 damage (which kills 115 of them) and the dragons are gong to take 900 (which doesn't kill any)

That's how it works (at least most of it)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
@Metathron and @Heroe; fire and poison does a % damage according to the amount of total health the stack has (and takes into consideration resistance and defense I think). So the more enemies there are; the more health the stack is going to have and the more damage it's going to take:
That is perfectly fine. What is not is that the number of attacking creatures who cause the effect can be ridiculously low, i.e it does not scale. One puny bowman who does 3-4 damage should not be able to inflict 800 burning damage.

But anyhow, we've had this discussion when AP came out. So in battles I do everything I can to prevent the above silliness from taking place.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
That is perfectly fine. What is not is that the number of attacking creatures who cause the effect can be ridiculously low, i.e it does not scale. One puny bowman who does 3-4 damage should not be able to inflict 800 burning damage.

But anyhow, we've had this discussion when AP came out. So in battles I do everything I can to prevent the above silliness from taking place.
Actually the damage does scale according to count of attackers. But the damage also scales to number of troops in attacked stack, so there is always a sweet spot. Increasing attackers numbers increases the effect but decreases the number of defenders, and thereby the base for percentage based damage. So, fire effect from 30 bowmen will be about the same as from 300 bowmen, when they attack 50 elfs. However, in the first case they will kill some 3 elfs when attacking first, and in the second case they will kill like 25 of them, the fire effect kicks afterward. The sweet spot in that situation would be - I don't remember exact numbers but like 50-100 bowmen. That would cause the most severe burning effect. But of course it is better to decrease enemy numbers as fast as possible, so using 300 bowmen is going to be preferable, even if the fire damage we'll see won't be that impressive.

Anyway, such calculations are not really the way it seem natural and I agree that they should fix it somehow.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Approved Member

New hero, new world, new story.
Ability to capture enemy capitals and raze it to the ground!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

@Metathron and @Saiko; I consider that the fire and poison abilities are also part of a strategy.
That way even if 100 archer look weak they can be dangerous since they can burn so people should take that into consideration. Also it will mean that if you don't want to lose units; you should dispel the effect (or resurrect more units later).
It's an anti-strategy for groups of thousands of units or if you are a Mage and do low damage with units.

@Metroplex; love the raze idea. Maybe even do some raids (some AI heroes plus you against a ridiculous strong enemy).

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Default My thoughts

Top priority for me would be even better game mechanics, I dont care about story, walls of text or nice pictures very much.

In one word, I like more synergy in the game!
I really like the way this game offers strategical and tactical options, like when you think pffff spiders and snakes until you find this ridiculous artifact, which adds like +15 to spider attacks and increases their speed and you think wtf, I might test a spider combo out.
Or when you see all those slow dwarven units until you find artifacts which boosts them immensly and suddenly you can see a nice strat with them.
Or the humans with the guardsmen/royal griffins being commanders of the bowmen and swordsmen to boost their moral.

Those were the moments this game went from great to totally awesome for me

Also an option at the start of the game to have some COMPLETE sets of artifacts in the game would be nice. I've never managed to get a full set (despite some minor one's). This is always pretty frustrating imo.

An option to buy or otherwise change to a new repertory of artifacts/troops at useless merchants would be nice.

I'm totally fine with the looks of the game though.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Give us the option of choosing which troops to take into combat, right before combat starts, like in HoMM V.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

I wish we could be able to command more than 5-units. Say 7..

I wish for a display bar in battle mode showing us the forces ratio, how's the battle going, who's winning or loosing.

I wish we could make companions from our own troops.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

I wouldn't mind seeing the trophy idea expanded a bit (but without going over the top; no offense but I think the orcs are a bit over the top).

I also wouldn't mind seeing a much larger more rpg'ish map with some text quests and more puzzles.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shqiponja_hayabusa View Post
I wish we could be able to command more than 5-units. Say 7...
Oooh, that'd be really sweet and would make battles even more strategic and sprawled.

Better yet - enlarge the battlefield, add more strategic elements like hills and covers! So that most battles in later stages wouldn't be 3-turns bores, especially for mages (cast twice Fire Rain in the first round, mop up the pieces in the second, rinse and repeat).

I don't care the game eats up like 30 hours already, I want even battles that would average 20 turns!