Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 AM
Approved Member

One more review of Crossworlds.
Full article here: http://www.flashfloodmedia.net/2010/...y-crossworlds/
Old 08-31-2010, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron1 View Post
let it be arpg, hopefully no rts element like spellforce!!!
ok
Old 08-31-2010, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

I already know that crossworlds will be awesome, and its the reason I keep checking the "coming soon" tab of the steam store.

Honestly, it's probably a contender for a top 5 spot in my favorite games ever. Not a small feat either, given that I'm an extremely harsh critic with the jaded perspective of a gamer who has gamed all his life and is now a part of the game dev industry.

I couldn't possibly buy this game fast enough when it becomes available. Given all of your talents, I'd love to see you guys make a true successor to X-com... Too bad someone is already busy making an FPS out of it.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megakill View Post
And yes, I am participating as the producer, so I know what I am talking about. Announcement will be later this year
You know, you really, really, really want some dedicated beta testers from your impatient, dedicated and multi-lingual forum dwellers!

An Action RPG would be interesting, though I have to say that while simple in theory it seems that most studios that tried to make one somehow "failed". Diablo 2 set fairly high standards in terms of randomization and playability, and it sometimes wonders me that even after ten years it still hasn't been kicked off the throne.

But anyway, no matter what you guys are cooking right now, chances are that I'll like it. K's track record is really very good when it comes to making games that appeal to me.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Given that both Space ranger and King's bounty series are turn-base, I can't see them going real-time, even less real-time action combat!

A blend of both Open-endness of Space Ranger and turn-base combat style of King's Bounty could actually made one of the best gaeme ever.

In Space Ranger, what makes it great it'S the freedom you get, the overwhelming feeling that you're not the center of the universe evoluing on your screen, but part of it. Cause, honestly, the combat are getting old pretty fast in Space Rangers, once you get decent gears. As for King's Bounty, the fun is actually in the combat as for preparing for them! The open-endness is somewhat pretty light compare to Space ranger.

Anyhow, looking forward to what Katauri is cooking...
Old 09-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavned View Post
Given that both Space ranger and King's bounty series are turn-base, I can't see them going real-time, even less real-time action combat!

A blend of both Open-endness of Space Ranger and turn-base combat style of King's Bounty could actually made one of the best gaeme ever.

In Space Ranger, what makes it great it'S the freedom you get, the overwhelming feeling that you're not the center of the universe evoluing on your screen, but part of it. Cause, honestly, the combat are getting old pretty fast in Space Rangers, once you get decent gears. As for King's Bounty, the fun is actually in the combat as for preparing for them! The open-endness is somewhat pretty light compare to Space ranger.

Anyhow, looking forward to what Katauri is cooking...
Both awesome games. As much as I liked SR2, I only completed it twice (once normal, once Reboot edition) which pales in comparison to the time I've spent with KB. The reason? Turn based combat.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Both awesome games. As much as I liked SR2, I only completed it twice (once normal, once Reboot edition) which pales in comparison to the time I've spent with KB. The reason? Turn based combat.
Well, I don't agree it's because of turn-base combat. I agree with you that the combat in SR2 are weak, getting redundant pretty fast. But in KB the fun is pretty much in the combat. Testing your logic, your strategic sense and trying to get the most of what you have. KB do an amazing job at getting you interested in trying different approach to the combat to accomplish different goal.

The thing is, both game have turn-base combat!

That'S why I'd love to see a blend of the 2...

Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

oh yeah: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...ds/review.html
Old 09-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

While I love everything King's Bouty related, what about the King's Bounty Online game they are doing? How exactly will it play? Open world with turn based battles? Massive 8 vs 8 players? And, are they really doing an Online game? an MMo or just "online?

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
While I love everything King's Bouty related, what about the King's Bounty Online game they are doing? How exactly will it play? Open world with turn based battles? Massive 8 vs 8 players? And, are they really doing an Online game? an MMo or just "online?
We will be able to announce it soon, but until then - sorry