Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 03-24-2015, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Default Speed Mod

I made this mod to speed up battle animations. The default settings will speed up all battle animations x5. You need autoit installed to run it.

From the Readme:

Credit: Chris Orr 2014 | chris_6713@yahoo.com

NOTE YOU NEED AUTOIT TO RUN THIS FILE, TO GET GO HERE: https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/

*LEGAL* This program is offered AS IS and I am not responsible for anything that happens when you run it.

FASTER ANIMATION SPEED FOR: KINGS BOUNTY CROSSWORLDS

The purpose of this program is to speed up all IN BATTLE sprite animations. Unfortunately some annoyingly slow animations are still unaffected and I'm not sure where or how you effect them. One example is the Chaos Dragons ability to transform enemies into rage balls when it kills them. I have no idea how to speed that animation up, if anyone does let me know.

*NOTE* So far I've only tested this with the KBC: Orcs on the March campaign, in theory it should work fine for the other campaigns though.

HOW IT WORKS

This program takes all the *.atom files in the current directory, opens them and then multiplies the animation speed by the $multiplier value ( whatever that happens to be )

Where do you get the *.atom files, you ask? Just open the *.kfs file in the respective directory for whichever Kings Bounty version you are playing using winrar or another archive extractor.

For instance, if I am playing "Orcs on the March" then I open the Orks.kfs file located in: YOUR KINGS BOUNTY DIRECTORY\sessions\orcs

Now extract all the *.atom files to a new folder in the mods directory. The mods directory should be located in: YOUR KINGS BOUNTY DIRECTORY\sessions\CAMPAIGN( I.E. orcs )\mods

You can call the directory whatever you want, personally I named mine SpeedMod

Once you have the *.atom files extracted put the file ChangeSpeed.au3 in the directory ( in my case SpeedMod ) and run it. It should find all the *.atom files and do its modification. After that everything should be ready to go. Run Kings Bounty Crossworlds and select your campaign and all the battle sprites should move at whatever speed you set them to.

THE EASY WAY ( if your playing Orcs on the March )

With this file I also include all the files for Orcs on the March in a directory named SpeedMod Just take this directory and place it in YOUR KINGS BOUNTY DIRECTORY\sessions\orcs and you should be good to go. Everything is sped up 5x, which I find comfortable, if you want it faster / slower then you have to follow the instructions in HOW IT WORKS and do it yourself with whatever value you want for $multiplier.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SpeedMod.zip (1.57 MB, 496 views)
Old 06-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

How to use this MOD in Red sands ?? Thanks
Old 06-24-2015, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Default ??

How to use this MOD in Red Sands ??
Old 10-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

thank you sooooo much for this
Old 10-06-2015, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

My friend, i can not thank you enough for this!!!
Old 06-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

For anyone interested in making the game faster:

You can download a program called "Cheat Engine". It has an option to speed up your games by up to 500% or more.

When I play King's bounty I set the speed to 110-115%. The game will run a little faster, you will run a little faster and the battles will be a little shorter. If you play 100 hours you can "win" 10+ hours of your time.

Worth it for anyone playing the Kings Bounty games, even more because they are similar and there's so much running arround...