Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Editing Hero.txt

Hey Guys,

So you can edit Hero.txt to give you whatever stats you like, units etc, and this works great, however whatever I do I ALWAYS end up starting with the bonus Archmage skill even as a Warrior, this is annoying of course as I actually want Counter-Attack!

Does anyone know how to edit the hero.txt file but prevent Archmage from being added automatically?

Cheers,

Daniel.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb It can be enabled, but...

Normally, you'd just edit "skills_off=" under your particular hero class in HERO.TXT as you mention, but there is a complication.

You can remove "contrstrike" from the warrior's "skills_off=" list. If you do this and start the game, you'll have the Counter-attack skill available.

However, in Crossworlds, there are the "Secrets of..." quests which are meant to grant you either Counter-attack, Holy Armor, or Archmage based on your class when completing that quest.

All three of those skills are turned off at the start of the game per their inclusion in skills_off=.,.,megamage,contrstrike,holy_armor for all the hero classes.

Where:

megamage = Archmage
contrstrike = Counter-attack
holy_armor = Holy Armor
. = place holder for class specific disabled skills (i.e. hi_magic,resurrection for the warrior)

Also, the three skills (megamage,contrstrike,holy_armor) occupy the same spot (second row, second column, i.e. 1,1 (0-indexed)) in the mage skill tree (see the end of SKILLS.TXT) and so I'm pretty sure they cannot be enabled at the same time.

So I'm not sure what would happen if you completed the quest and you enable one of those skills at the start of the game via HERO.TXT. I guess you can just try to avoid getting the quest, because once you get it, you can't really avoid completing it sooner or later.

You'll most likely have to experiment with removing skills from "skills_off=" for the class you're interested in and see what happens when you complete the "Secrets of..." quest for you hero class.

Good luck and let us know how your experimentation works out!

Matt

/C\/C\
Old 08-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

Cheers Matt, great info there!

Daniel.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Matt is correct. If you are not fussy about completing each and every quest just erase the special skill in the "off" section and do not complete your class quest. That will put in the appropriate special that you want. If you complete the class quest it overwrites it!!

I learned this when I decided to do the "Melee Mash" using Troll, Ogre etc. and wanted counterstrike on a Mage character.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Actually you can really have all skills ,even with the quest completed.
For that you have to mod not only the hero.txt file but skills.txt as well.
The only downside will be that if you have the special skill ,appropriated to your class , already upgraded before finishing the quest, then the skill will be downgraded as an unlearned skill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all skills.JPG (132.5 KB, 151 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip All skills.zip (2.4 KB, 117 views)