Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

hello pkillaquinn, you are better off going through this thread and adding the xbox players who posted here. that way you can see if there are active games and can jump into one. several of the guys like freeflights and many here have boosted to get the planes they want. i'd tell you to add me but i rarely get on during the weekends.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwells69 View Post
Hello to everyone Ive just started playing on line, but I have been playing Birds Of Prey since it came out on PS3. I have liked W11 aircraft for a long time, when my dad introduced me to them via films, being taken to the RAF,Battle Of Britain museums hendon and RAF Duxford. I have done a couple of hours on Chipmunks when i was in the Air Training Corps, a long time ago now. Favourite aircraft mostly W11 fighters, bombers, do like early jets from 50s, 60s and some modern types to. I have play several flying games mostly ace combat for ps2, on of the first was Project Stealth Fighter for com 64, which was fun for its time. I do love this game though with its good story and aircraft. Can anyone tell me where to get the P47 that ive see when im online? Thanks very much johnwells69

Great to see you online last night John. I expect a little overwhelming as all the other guys in there were seasoned pro's. Only advice I'll offer is that the I16's bombs arent particularly suited to the targets in strike- you'd be better off landing and hitting the bunkers with the nearest stick than throw the beanbags that it carrys!! It also won't count towards unlocking the B17 either as fighters with bombs (and the IL2 for that matter) are not counted as 'bombers'.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinder View Post
Hello fellow pilots.
I have been reading posts on this forum for some time now and figured it was time to join. I am addicted to BoP and have completed all the missions in single player arcade mode. I have tried realistic and sim modes and although I was able to adapt to the changes and concider myself an average pilot in those modes I, being a warbird junky prefer to see the aircraft in flight and can not enjoy cockpit view.
I like many pilots here started online battles in arcade mode with great enthusiasm only to get very frustrated by being shot down 20/1. I play this game to have fun and see warbirds in action.
After a short time you learn the pilots at your own skill level and the ones far above. I admire the "Aces" out there and one day hope to aquire their skill level but find my self dropping out of matches in the lobby after finding out who is in the match. I am not trying to insult or anger anyone i'm mearly trying to play with pilots my own skill level so everyone has fun. Occasionally I will quit a match after the start for a few reasons. 1st being if the match is extreamly unbalanced. 2nd being players using cheap tactics eg. bombing and crashing into targets 20 times in a row in Strike mode or crashing onto your aircraft because they cant shoot you down in dogfight.
After some time as my skill level became higher I noticed players dropping out of matches that i'm in and I understand why. I have been there.
For the record if I drop out of a match with any of you its not ment as an insult please do not be offended.
Hope to see you in the sky some day.
Don't know if you're on xbox or PS3, but you're certainly not going to gain any friends by dropping out of games. Very poor gamesmanship in my opinion and I know many players that will avoid playing with you if you get a reputation of quitting in the middle of the game.

I would suggest sticking it out and completing the game when playing a multi-player game just as common decency and sportsmanship.

Many times in multiplayer, the lobby will hold off and wait for the teams to be even (Capture Airfield, Team Battle and Strike) and for you to quit in the middle of the match makes things uneven and will piss people off.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Approved Member

Cinder, I would have to agree with Rambo Rick 360. I'm on PS3 and quitting is not how to encourage other players and grow the game. I have avoided a room because of a persons rep. that said, lead by example and learn to enjoy the game again. Become a knight in the sky.

Last edited by U2RATTLEHUM; 09-10-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Registered Member

Hey i am wondering if i should buy this game. I have played the beta on xbox countless times and love the gameplay. But i cant help to wonder how the multiplayer is doing and if i were to get on multiplayer would i be in such a disadvantage due to the fact you guys have had it for years? can you guys let me know how long it takes to find a game, and if the player base is reliable.

Thx.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

no brainer...buy it. you can get it pretty cheap these days. the online play varies. it will get crowded the games are usually pretty good and there are some great people in the virtual skies. go back through this thread to get players names to add to yoru firends list for your time zone. this will get you all wound up for the "sequel" ( sort of ) Birds of Steel which is due out first Qtr 2012. then you will really see some game play. best to have your feet wet now and know the basics before hand. online play is very different from single player. so yeah...fork out the cash. its worth it.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:51 AM
Registered Member

Regarding servers on 360, i can not find a game even through i have tried and tried. I have ace combat 6 so i tought if the game is in session i might not beable to join, but it seemed as if there were no more games. I have no clue if its becuase i can only play arcade online or who knows.
If there are private games, send me a message on War Paint 67.(my gamer tag). I really want to see how fast i can die in your sights.

Last edited by Su-47; 09-13-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: answered my own question
Old 09-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

so i take it you bought the game? what time zone are you in? you will get the a goofy server message that means that there are no open games....hitting one is pretty tough like i said. add people and you will see if they are online and if they are playing. within a few days you will have a truckload of contacts. there are nights were there is no one on it seems. as for arcade...most of the games you will find are in realistic...so go through the training missions to unlock real...i think that is how its done...been so long. add me Bobbysockser...i am EST and may be on 11ish tonight...if not it wont be until next week. we'll fly around and get you used to the controls and settings...its a lot easier if you have a mic.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

SU-47 - Exactly what Bobby said. You'll need to add people that fly the game regularly to your friends list is your best bet to get into games. Otherwise, you'll get that goofy 'no servers found' error. There may be tons of people on, but you're not able to 'see' them online.

You can add me if you'd like, I think I have one more slot available. Also, if you look into my gamer profile, 99% of the friends I have on there play birds.

Rich
Old 09-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Ok, thanks guys.

I live in the southwest mountain time zone. I am a minor, but i stay up pretty late around 12:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. respectively.