Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Default Blacksix can you please have a look at the Force feedback profiles

Hi BLacksix, I know that this is a small issue as most people do not have force feedback joysticks.

The problem is that the Force feedback for the cannons of the 109s isway too strong!! Everytime you fire your cannons the recoil is so strong that you cannot aim.
There are ways too change the force feedbackby lowering the force feedback for the cannons by means of external programs, but on the 109 and ONLY on the 109 the shake effect to the cannons is linked to the shake of stall so if i lower the cannon shake I will almost lose the stallshake!

This is only on the 109! On the bf110 this is not an issue... Only the 109 has the same shake file for the cannons and the stall...

The funny thing is that when I DE-click realistic weapons in the realism section, the force feedback are normal. Cannon shake is perfect and so i stall shake.Can u please make the developers aware of this?!
I know this was mentioned 1year ago but nothing has happened...
My joystick is a Microsoft sidewinder FF2.

Thx

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 09-25-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 09-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Anders, I don't know if this will be useful to you but if you go in here;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core

You can access the FF files. I actually removed some of them (and copied and stored them in another folder for future use) as I have a MSFF2 and I know exactly what you mean. This way, weapons effect is at a more managable level but yes, you do loose the feel of the stall effects.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Hi. I'm not tested this (my G940 FF is editable without problem), but i read somewhere, that the FF files is compatible with old il-2 FF files (at least, the file names is the same). You can download medium and light files for il2-, so -in theory- it should work under clod too (edit - My mate confirmed, it working with CloD too).

You can download from here:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=3656

and copy to there:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\FF

But an important thing: I don't know, the Steam VAC check these files, or not, so until BlackSix or anyone else don't confirm (i'm just asked BlackSix, maybe he know), please use it only offline (you change the system files, the Steam VAC may detect as "cheat" )

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 09-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Try adjust FF effects with FEdit (MS tool), look in this topic:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18562

Sokol1
Old 09-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
Try adjust FF effects with FEdit (MS tool), look in this topic:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18562

Sokol1
PLease read my post again Sokol! I CAN edit the cannon effects to be much lower but theb I at the same time aslo reduce the stall shake! This is the problem!! For some reasln the 109 has the same file for stall and cannon shake...
Old 09-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO101_Tom View Post
Hi. I'm not tested this (my G940 FF is editable without problem), but i read somewhere, that the FF files is compatible with old il-2 FF files (at least, the file names is the same). You can download medium and light files for il2-, so -in theory- it should work under clod too (edit - My mate confirmed, it working with CloD too).

You can download from here:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=3656

and copy to there:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core\FF

But an important thing: I don't know, the Steam VAC check these files, or not, so until BlackSix or anyone else don't confirm (i'm just asked BlackSix, maybe he know), please use it only offline (you change the system files, the Steam VAC may detect as "cheat" )

Thx Tom I will try that... Not sure if it that works tho.. its only for the 109 that this problems exists in CLOD...
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

I got response from BlackSix:

"My question, if someone change these files to the il-2 "medium" or "light" files (wich was the solution under il-2), Is the Steam VAC enable this? Or he risk some ban or other VAC punishment?
I don't want to give bad advise to anyone."

Quote:
Hi, Tom!
I apologize, but it's forbidden to me to make comments or something to tell about work VAC in the game. Formally yes, he risks.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Thx Tom!
But the the problem is not the profiles, they can easily be changed to anyones liking. The problem is ONLY for the 109 where the "cannon shake effect file" uses the same file as the stall shake effect". So if I reduce the shake effect for the cannons I also lose the shake effect for the stall! THIS IS THE PROBLEM. Not various profiles...

My question to blacksix was if he could have a look at this issue that only the 109 has. I want to be able to keep my stall effects but at the same time reduce the cannon shake. Just like I can for any other Aircraft in game...
Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 PM
zipper

The goofy thing is that only aerodynamic forces should come through the stick, all those other forces should come through the seat ...

ah, well, there you have it ...
Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
The goofy thing is that only aerodynamic forces should come through the stick, all those other forces should come through the seat ...

ah, well, there you have it ...
..so we need Force Feedback Pants then