Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddisback View Post
yeah, this is in the demo aswell. I'd Like to Know how you use the Tanks Coaxial Machine gun?
I've seen it, and i have been killed by it several times but it doesnt work when im in a tank?.

its on the secondary fire. in regular controls its LB on bc1 controls its RB. You need to select it though before its active and you need to do it everytime you start (damn demos having no save) You can use it on the AA gun and UAV too

Ive preorderd. medic+tommy gun=epic win
Old 02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Wow, I dont know how that game does not give you a headache after the first 5 minutes.

And how do you get over the lack of detail in the weapons? They look like a cartoon. So yea, thats the main complaint I have about this game: The graphics. This makes it VERY hard to see a hiding sniper. And when im the sniper, it takes multiple shots to kill someone, unless I get a head shot.

And yea, that it takes a million shots to kill someone.

If there is anything I like about the game, its the fact that you can use vehicles...other than that, Modern Warefare 2 is superior in every category. Thats just my opinion, but im sure sales will back it up.

And its not like I didnt give it a chance: If the real game is not much improved over the demo, then there is no need for me to waste my hard earned money on it.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanB182 View Post
And when im the sniper, it takes multiple shots to kill someone, unless I get a head shot.
GOOD! I cant stand that everygame seems to have a Barrett .50cal as standard that snipers just abuse. And that snipers expect to be given a one hit kill anywhere weapon so they can sit at range and pick of targets. 2 body hits with the m24 will drop a target is sufficiant. And in BC you need to take take into account bullet drop and travel time, no more cod lazer snipes. Plus the fact the maps are much bigger so camping isnt as much of an issue

Day of Defeat was so awesome that it limited the amout of snipers on a team

As for a million shots. Must either be lag or you cant shoot for shit, It takes around 5 body hits with an AR or 6 or 7 to down someone. You can get kills pretty easily.

Is it obvious I don't like snipers. Especially when half the enemy team are snipers.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth finger View Post
GOOD! I cant stand that everygame seems to have a Barrett .50cal as standard that snipers just abuse. And that snipers expect to be given a one hit kill anywhere weapon so they can sit at range and pick of targets. 2 body hits with the m24 will drop a target is sufficiant. And in BC you need to take take into account bullet drop and travel time, no more cod lazer snipes. Plus the fact the maps are much bigger so camping isnt as much of an issue

Day of Defeat was so awesome that it limited the amout of snipers on a team

As for a million shots. Must either be lag or you cant shoot for shit, It takes around 5 body hits with an AR or 6 or 7 to down someone. You can get kills pretty easily.

Is it obvious I don't like snipers. Especially when half the enemy team are snipers.
When I play COD, I only play on hardcore. And yes, I do love to snipe, but I have earned every cammo and attachment for the M-16A4..so thats evidence that I do more than snipe.

And it should take a lot less than 6 or 7 shots from an assault rifle to kill someone. If i want that crap, I will go play Halo.

But like I say, my primary complaint is the graphics. It gives the game a low quality cheap feel. Not something I would pay 60 bucks for. It really has the feel of something a low budget developer would come up with.

And I came in with the expectation that the game was supposed to be realistic, or at least I was told it was more realistic by far, than COD. I am finding that case to be the opposite. I do not criticise you for liking the game, so so by all means. I am just saying, that thanks to the demo...I will give it no further light of day.

Last edited by mattmanB182; 02-02-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth finger View Post
its on the secondary fire. in regular controls its LB on bc1 controls its RB. You need to select it though before its active and you need to do it everytime you start (damn demos having no save) You can use it on the AA gun and UAV too

Ive preorderd. medic+tommy gun=epic win
I pre orderd the Limited edition. The M1 Garand is the Bench mark for Rifle in this game. an Olskool classic wich solves oldskool problems. gotta love it
Old 02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanB182 View Post

And I came in with the expectation that the game was supposed to be realistic, or at least I was told it was more realistic by far, than COD. I am finding that case to be the opposite. I do not criticise you for liking the game, so so by all means. I am just saying, that thanks to the demo...I will give it no further light of day.
While i disagree with what you say. I would defend to the death your right to say it lol. At the end of the day you've tried the demo, decided its not for you and presented your opinon respectfully and without flame. Personally I think its the best thing since sliced bread. The demo alone is the most fun mp ive had this gen I have it pre ordered and am even putting off AvP for it XD
Old 02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Well for me it crushes COD. I think COD is the worst FPS I have ever played. It has no sense of realism at all. Arcade Crap ! I think the hit detection is way better in BFBC2 then it was is 1 but something feels off. The beta on the ps3 was way better then the demo on the 360. I think they may have screwed somethings up by changing it from the beta.
Still though, way better then COD.

I'm really Enjoying MAG on the ps3 right now! Great game, Can be frustrating untill you get somethings unlocked but zero lag with 256 players is a true Art form !

Can't wait to get my hands on BFBC 2's hard core mode in full conquest ! Thats where its at !

DESODE

Last edited by Desode; 02-02-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desode View Post

I'm really Enjoying MAG on the ps3 right now! Great game, Can be frustrating untill you get somethings unlocked but zero lag with 256 players is a true Art form !

Can't wait to get my hands on BFBC 2's hard core mode in full conquest ! Thats where its at !

DESODE
I wish MAG was xbox or multiplat. That's the only exclusive i find really tempting. Mainly for the 256 players.

hard core mode should be sweet, maybe mattman would like that
Old 02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

I am quite sick of this "pre-order get bonus content" nonsense these last few years but in the case of BF:BC2 I don't think it will make much difference.

I unlocked all of those upgrades in a few hours in the BETA and none of them give you an overwhelming superiority on the battlefield. I doubt they would have changed the unlock requirements that drastically since then.

The sniper is fine (in hardcore I guess). Headshots kill instantly and one shot to anywhere else reduces health to near zero. You're pretty much going to be sniping people who have already been wounded by your team so you will get one shot kills as a result.

The UAV is awesome. If you listen to the radiochatter on it you can tell it's ripped from AH-64 pilots in combat in Iraq.

Shame this isn't BF3 though, I miss the fixed wing goodness of the traditional BF.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

What i really wish is they'd make an exact remake of BF2 but in frostbite......awesome. I hope theres atleast one city map in bc2