Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Default Is anybody going to use projectors?

Hi,

Just thought I'd ask if anybody is going to use projectors instead of monitors to play Rig'n'Roll ? They are expensive but maybe somebody already owns one. I'm sure it will give a whole new experience while playing something as global as Rig'n'Roll. I will also connect the PC to my two 1500W speakers

I'm just thinking of buying one (projector) but after I found out the lamps don't live long enough in them, I am not in a hurry. Can anybody confirm this too?

Oleg
Old 10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

If it was so great, all gamers would now have projectors, I think.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Well it is great, I'm just repeating that they are expensive. One such normal projector costs as much as a super modern and powerful PC (or maybe simply 2 powerful PCs). Would you buy one?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Approved Member

Well, it is expensive, and it is not that practical to play a game on one I think. You have to move your head a lot, and you need *PERFECT* conditions to have a clear output, like dark in the room, good wall, etc...
Old 10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

I believe this depends on the projector quality. I've seen ones which project the picture very well even in bright rooms. The head movement should be minimized by sitting as far as possible .. and btw, big screen is somewhat better in the sense that your pupils will be moving instead of staring at a 17" monitor spot. But anyway, practical or not practical, I'd love to play with one