Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

I like the idea of having to run a forklift or load/unload your rig. In the real world, few truckers get the privilege of having somebody else doing the unloading/loading. The loggers up where I live load equipment on their lowbeds themselves. The reason being, the operator doesn't want to be responsible trying to drive over the rig if something goes wrong, if the truck owner runs off the bed into the back of his tractor, he (or she) can only blame themselves.

As for picking up and dropping trailers, I would like to see it like the real world, if you aren't lined up correctly, it isn't going to lock in. I am thinking of having a trailer that doesn't want to lock in. Frequently in the winter, with parts being cold, and grease like glue, the locks don't always work, requiring a driver to "hit" a trailer a few time to make sure she is locked. I've seen the results of thinking your trailer is locked in when in fact it isn't.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Driver
What I've seen in the trailers, loading/unloading of trailers is done by machines now.
Pull into the Warehouse, probley select a trailer going by what it is/where it goes/if there's any special things about it(Fragile/Overweight/Time Limit/etc...)/and the reward for delivering it.

Then a machine grabs a trailer and puts it perfectly on your truck for you to hook it up, and you're on your way.

It's pretty much like the 18 WoS Series except the trailer gets hooked for you. I like this.
I don't think I would mind this at all. Although it would be neat to be able to load things yourself, since it hasn't been talked about before, I'm sure that is just another thing that would add on to their supposed list of "testing" before they release it.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Well, it isn't the loading and unloading that is what I would like to see.

But more the hooking up of the trailer, not that some "thing" puts it perfectly behind me but that you really have to back the truck up precisely under the trailer and than push a button that it connects!