Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 06-11-2022, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
Hello again!

I have started over with the vampire. And my only complain so far is the huge difficulty gap between Hard and Impossible. Impossible really forces you to struggle and medidate every single decision, whereas Hard feels like a cakewalk in comparison. Is there any easy way to change the parameters of any of them?

Congratulations for the mod and the good work. Looking forward to v1.5!
That's just the way it is. In general, the mod was originally planned specifically for an Impossible level of complexity, the remaining levels are more likely for those who do not want to strain too much. In further patches, the situation is slightly leveled.

At the moment, the 1.5 version in Russian was released two months ago. I am currently working on version 1.5.1, so for now the translation will not be soon.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molder View Post
That's just the way it is. In general, the mod was originally planned specifically for an Impossible level of complexity, the remaining levels are more likely for those who do not want to strain too much. In further patches, the situation is slightly leveled.

At the moment, the 1.5 version in Russian was released two months ago. I am currently working on version 1.5.1, so for now the translation will not be soon.
But, can't I do some local edits to Hard (for example), in the meanwhile? Logic.txt is the way to go, isn't? I just want a bit more of gold than the 20% of Impossible. 50% should be enough.

The other fields/parameters of Impossible are fine.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
But, can't I do some local edits to Hard (for example), in the meanwhile? Logic.txt is the way to go, isn't? I just want a bit more of gold than the 20% of Impossible. 50% should be enough.

The other fields/parameters of Impossible are fine.
It's only up to you. Play the game in the way it suits you. Actually, I can't even do something about that anyway
And yes, Logic.txt is the file.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:43 AM
Approved Member

Question

But... I don't know what exactly needs to be changed in order to set the game per described above.

Let's see:

Quote:
difficulty_k {
exp=0.6|1.4|2.2|3.0 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà ãåðîÿ
alead=1.2|1.8|2.4|3.0 // êîýô. ëèäåðñòâà âðàãà
spexp=0.8|1.2|1.6|2.0 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà äóõîâ ÿðîñòè
money=2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 // êîýô. ïîëó÷åííûõ äåíåã
rage=2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ÿðîñòè â áîþ
manarage=2.0|1.0|0.80|0.5 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ìàíû íà êàðòå, à äëÿ ÿðîñòè ñêîðîñòè ïàäåíèÿ

start_gold=5.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. çîëîòà
start_crystals=5.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. êðèñòàëëîâ
start_mana=2.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ìàíû
start_rage=2.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ÿðîñòè
start_rune_might=3.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ðóí ñèëû
start_rune_mind=3.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ðóí äóõà
start_rune_magic=3.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ðóí ìàãèè
start_book=3.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ðàçìåð êíèãè

bossatk=1.2|1.8|2.4|3.0 // êîýô. àòàêè áîññà
bosshp=1.2|1.8|2.4|3.0 // êîýô. æèçíè áîññà

deadmoney=3.0|2.0|1.7|1.5 // êîýô. ïîëó÷åííûõ äåíåã çà ïîòåðè â áîþ

boxradar= 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 // äîáðÿêè íà ðàäàðå
}
--> money=2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 --> money=2.0|1.4|0.5|0.2

Right?

Do I need to modify anything else?
Old 06-13-2022, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
But... I don't know what exactly needs to be changed in order to set the game per described above.

Let's see:

--> money=2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 --> money=2.0|1.4|0.5|0.2

Right?

Do I need to modify anything else?
2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 means:

200% Gold on Easy
140% Gold on Normal
80% Gold on Hard
20% Gold on Impossible

You have to change 0.2 to 0.5 if you want to modify Gold on Impossible. Thats the only thing needed.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Thanks, Molder. For now I'm trying to cope with Impossible default parameters, though. It feels exhausting yet rewarding.
Old 06-27-2022, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Hi again. I'm doing my best to get money and survive. And consequently, now that I face a certain famous novice I wonder, would recruiting a pack of pirates, sea wolves and mustache pirates =P be a good idea to both defeat my opponent and obtain gold on fights ahead? Or I'm thinking nonsense?
Old 06-27-2022, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi again. I'm doing my best to get money and survive. And consequently, now that I face a certain famous novice I wonder, would recruiting a pack of pirates, sea wolves and mustache pirates =P be a good idea to both defeat my opponent and obtain gold on fights ahead? Or I'm thinking nonsense?
Not sure this will give lots of money in version 1.4.1. I worked on scripts for mining gold in battle in 1.5, that's where the amount will really be more serious.

I'm afraid that in your case, the pirates' losses may exceed the possible income from such tactics, although sometimes it will make sense.

For good earnings per battle, artifacts with gold bonuses are best suited, compared to units for sure.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, that's what I feared. Perhaps Assasins or other non specialized gold diggers units with good survivality would be actually a better deal.

Currently I'm using Marauders with discrete, not that good, results. They're much better than in previous Kings B. iterations, but is really difficult to keep them alive on certain battles. Which of course translate into a poor trade-off regarding gold/finances terms.

Trade skill first rank is helping me out a bit, but casualties of both Skeletons & Skeletons archers, Marauders and common Imps are so many, I feel more like a beggar than an adventurer haha =P
And this way Fat cat / Grand strategian medals are obviously out of equation as well.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Didn't find any gold related artifacts other than the Pirate Halberd and the Jackboots, which, regrettably, I wasn't able to afford in time.

Bad luck, I guess. By contrast, in my precedent playthrough I found at least three items of this type.