Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Death to Spies > Death to Spies: Moment of Truth

Death to Spies: Moment of Truth Sequel to the popular stealth-action Death to Spies

Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 AM
Approved Member

Default Lets spawn some Soviets!

When playing the first mission, I noticed something; after running from the airfield to the soviet radio operator, having 20+ germans following me, when getting to him, he would not fight the germans. Does this mean that if you spawn some Soviet guys in the airfield (if its possible) than they too would not fight the germans? Anyone think of making a mod like this, where you can spawn different units to help you out in combat? Would be pretty cool.

I know its a spy/stealth game and if I wanted to play a shoot them up kind of game then I should go play something else, but wouldn't it be interesting to have some side conflicts happen while you are doing the mission? Even better, to have both teams try killing you if spotted, at the same time fighting each other?

Even though this is a spy and stealth game, it took place during the world war, there are bound to be some minor conflicts while on mission...

BTW, best mission is the very last one were you must capture or kill the 3 german spies, I have been to Ukraine and the map really reminded me of some of the villages I have walked through. Best scenery in the game.

Last edited by sniperspec; 10-23-2009 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperspec View Post
When playing the first mission, I noticed something; after running from the airfield to the soviet radio operator, having 20+ germans following me, when getting to him, he would not fight the germans. Does this mean that if you spawn some Soviet guys in the airfield (if its possible) than they too would not fight the germans? Anyone think of making a mod like this, where you can spawn different units to help you out in combat? Would be pretty cool.

I know its a spy/stealth game and if I wanted to play a shoot them up kind of game then I should go play something else, but wouldn't it be interesting to have some side conflicts happen while you are doing the mission? Even better, to have both teams try killing you if spotted, at the same time fighting each other?

Even though this is a spy and stealth game, it took place during the world war, there are bound to be some minor conflicts while on mission...

BTW, best mission is the very last one were you must capture or kill the 3 german spies, I have been to Ukraine and the map really reminded me of some of the villages I have walked through. Best scenery in the game.
Good ideas but this is very tricky and while I was working on my DtS
Enhancement mod I encountered many problem related to spawning
NPCs.
  • I'ts possible to spawn NPCs via script command, but the newly
    the NPC is not moving or reacting and if you go near to him/her
    or shoot him/her the game crashes.

It seems that you have to set a couple of attributes (properties
    and animation definitions) but I could not figure out all and even
    not the correct oder of them.

I had the idea of spawning resistance members, who help Strogov
    in e.g. Paycheck mission.

• The enemies only accept the player character as a enemy
    other NPCs could not set to hostile.

I tried to make the soviet courier in mission Winter Cold hostile,
    but it did not work. The Germans just ignored him

• Perhaps these features are changed in MoT's updated engine,
    I dunno, I did not make investigations till now....

Last edited by AHO; 10-23-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info, maybe some time in the future...(update)