Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

To all:

Ok guys, Version 2.5 of the rules is ready with a new section (Maps). Please choose only 1 Map, if you are undecided then, decide lol.

Macademic,

I am glad to let you know that I leave after finishing editing the rules. Sorry to leave out landing as an option to rearm but I think that it would create some problems and slow gameplay. Also, dont forget that you too need to choose a Map

** I choose Sicily, the coast!

*** Almost forgot, Have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

Prizes eh? I'm hoping the worst pilo gets a REAL P-51 as a prize! Then I'll definitely win something XD
I've got 2 questions Edal:
What is classified as 'running away'? Would I be disqualified if I spent 20 seconds disengaging to gain altitude, or something like that?
What do we do if we are inside the 'safe respawn zone' when our targe- I mean, our opponent respawns? Do we just fly out of the zone, THEN engage, or do we need to wait until the opponent is also out of the zone?

Last edited by The_Stapler; 01-01-2011 at 02:43 AM. Reason: added questions
Old 01-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

i will choose good old blighty (England) as my home map 'A'
Old 01-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb answer to stapler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stapler View Post
I've got 2 questions Edal:
What is classified as 'running away'? Would I be disqualified if I spent 20 seconds disengaging to gain altitude, or something like that?
What do we do if we are inside the 'safe respawn zone' when our targe- I mean, our opponent respawns? Do we just fly out of the zone, THEN engage, or do we need to wait until the opponent is also out of the zone?
Thanks for the questions The_Stapler,

1. No, you wont be disqualified if you spent 20 seconds or a minute or two disengaging to gain altitude, or something like that. I know that there are many tactics out there and some of you may not be too fanatical of "Turn and Burn" dogfights. This "No running away" rule was intended only to prevent a player who is intimidated by a stronger opponent from evading any confrontation at all. This does happen believe it or not because earning that 1 point due to a DRAW does make a difference, especially if you earn it from a very strong opponent.

(short story)
My good friend Tommykocher is a "Boom and Zoom" expert, he used to fly the BF109k4 against my spitfire and he really made me lose my temper because of how good he applied his tactics, at first I was mad because he was evading me and just when I turned my back there he was again on my six full speed. Can you guys see the difference here? He was not evading confrontation, he was evading my strengths (Turn and Burn). He defeated me in that occasion by the way

2. Basically, the "safe respawn zone" lies between the enemy's ground targets. If you are inside his ground targets (marked on the actual game map) then please use your enemy's respawn time (15 seconds) to fly away from this area. If for some reason he happens to respawn near you and you know that you can easily get the kill then please be honorable and do not engage, allow him a fair fight. Do you guys undestand what I mean?

*What I used to do when this was not a rule in my previous tournament was to shoot some rounds so that he could know my position, I also liked to pass by him head on without engaging so that he noticed me and then turn and engage*

*** Please post more questions or if you are still confused or this explanation was not helpful please let me know***
Old 12-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

hay edal how you doing my friend ? how do i join up ? count me in mate.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRGERVIN View Post
Hi Mir,

you just did! I put you on the list! Looking forward to a great new tourney!

MAC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 12-27-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Rules "ready" (English & French)

Mirgervin,
How are you my most respected and feared adversary It will be nice to see you fly once more.

Macademic,
It will be nice if you could translate the rules to German. Also let me know if you are not ok with any part of the rules. Also, can you please add each participant's PSN along with their forum name, thanks

To All,
- I have now posted a rough draft of the rules (these are all subject to change until I post the Final version of the rules)
- I have also posted a French Version of the rules (By an old friend Philabong2).
- A German Version of the rules will also be included most likely by my friend Macademic.
- Good luck guys, and please post any questions or doubts.

*** Please spread the word about this Tournament, I need a minimum of 16 participants ***

*** I would be grateful if you guys could add the animation below to your signature in order to serve as advertisement (for some reason my signature does not display it :S)

Thanks

Last edited by edal86; 12-28-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Great work my friend Edal!

To use the advertisment banner as a signature:

- Right click on the banner
- Select 'Open Image in New Window'.
- Mark all and Right Click 'Copy' the address line of the new window
- Go back to 1C forum, go to UserCP
- Go to 'Signatures'
- Don't use the add image to signature field, but use the 'Insert Image' icon in the text field
- Paste the address line
- Click Save
- Done!

Seems the other option doesn't allow for dynamic GIFs.

Meanwhile I've added location and timezone to the player list. They're all PSNs. German translation will shortly be published by Edal.

Best,

MAC
Old 12-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRGERVIN View Post
count themeistor in . it should be a great challenge
Old 12-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

count with me guys
thx