Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
I understand the game to region locked.Therefore it can not be activated outside of its region.
Then we are really screwed. There is no reason for me to buy this game under the current scenario.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBlaster View Post
I wonder what will happen when you log on to Steam in the States with a

Russian version? Will they ban your account? What happens when Steam tries to

apply an English patch on a Russian version of the game? And I have yet to see

LOL good point sir

I am hoping to get around this personally by doing what i did for the first IL2 games which is to stay completely in heaven within the single player aspects of the game I know this does not help all of you multi-players but I am afraid that I am not one of you and therefore will be ever so happy just to be able to play the game as it was originally designed single player and if i can never multi play or get online support for the game as a result well then IMO its worth it
Old 03-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15JG52_Brauer View Post
before I make an INFORMED judgement about what to do. Right now it's rumour, heresay and no real facts
Most of what I have said is informed and not rumour, because it has come directly from various posts that Luthier has made about the issue, usually on russian forums.

BobTuck.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

well if lets say this problem happened with 1946, the devs would take a known performance benchmark ( ie black death) run it with and without filter, give us screenshots and framerates (say on a mid spec machine) so we can make informed judgements - so why cant they do that here - so we know what the issue is - if its a deal breaker or not? Too many variables with all the vids on you tube - you are not comparing apples with apples. I would like to see some real examples - directly comparable. It's not too much to ask, maybe 30 minutes or an hours work. If we don't see it, then maybe there is a problem they dont want to show, but I'd rather see it and understand if it will be a quick fix or not. Unless it is totally fubar I'm still buying it as I believe any problems will be fixed (been flying il2 since 2001) - but I just want information. Lack of information creates a vacuum where rumours and ill informed comment will kill this game... just my 2 pence(cents for the us guys) worth.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Approved Member

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19487

Look at these videos that Nike-it posted with the retard filter in place. He has

high end machine. If you read that thread carefully, he implies that his machine

or a very similar machine was used for the 1C official company vidoes. I think

you will find a huge performance difference. For me, it is enough to say

something has to change. The retard filter has got to go. Avg. 30 fps on a high

end machine with mid-low settings??? Not good enough. Not good enough at

all imho.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTuck View Post
Most of what I have said is informed and not rumour, because it has come directly from various posts that Luthier has made about the issue, usually on russian forums.

BobTuck.
fair enough - but can you quantify the impacct? what do the visual changes look like? Is it really 10 fps hit, or more/lss? How does it impact a high/mid/low end machine? Until those questions are answered the impact is all just based on hresay and rumour - I want quantifiable facts which the devs should be able to supply - if they don't know these things how can they fix it?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBlaster View Post
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19487

Look at these videos that Nike-it posted with the retard filter in place. He has

high end machine. If you read that thread carefully, he implies that his machine

or a very similar machine was used for the 1C official company vidoes. I think

you will find a huge performance difference. For me, it is enough to say

something has to change. The retard filter has got to go. Avg. 30 fps on a high

end machine with mid-low settings??? Not good enough. Not good enough at

all imho.
agreed - which is why I want some numbers to back up what we are seeing from videos etc - then we can make real informed choices
Old 03-26-2011, 01:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
fair enough - but can you quantify the impacct? what do the visual changes look like? Is it really 10 fps hit, or more/lss? How does it impact a high/mid/low end machine? Until those questions are answered the impact is all just based on hresay and rumour - I want quantifiable facts which the devs should be able to supply - if they don't know these things how can they fix it?
I'm more curious if there is any commonality in the systems that are experiencing problems. I.E. Using Nvidia/ATI, Intel/AMD, DDR3/DDR2 memory, etc. or is it completely random. We seem to be seeing people having few issues in mid to low range systems, but larger numbers of people with issues with upper end systems. I am just trying to figure out if there is some commonality at this point.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

He gives the fps numbers in the thread. After you watch those, go here

then tell me you don't see one hell of a difference. No numbers needed really.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
fair enough - but can you quantify the impacct?
Well, put it this way, it makes enough of an impact to get Luthier to make repeated posts about it, and to promise to the Russian audience that the mechanism will be removed for them.

Any filter that does pre-screening calculations by comparing screen with screen has got to add unwanted extra load, and Luthier admits that this is a quick and dirty way of tackling the issue.

By the way, I am all for supporting the devs through this, and I have still got my western CE version pre-ordered.

BobTuck.