Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Approved Member

Default Victory type

Hi there, what do You think is better - get a gold victory or skip it for the silver and 100% of map cleaned from enemies and/or artifacts?
I started human campaign yesterday on Hard, and sadly I'm unable to do both (take gold Victory and wipe out whole map).
From Your experience, which is roughly better?
Old 10-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

gold = more money a item+ a advance unit.

non gold= more xp some items and gold from towns.

Ideal is to clear map+get gold.

problem is the devs made it unfun IMO to get gold, you have to use a set army and have a perfect game, when it should be more then possable to clear the whole map within the set time for gold and unless you go very slow.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Heh, actually I like it a LOT as it is, You know, the challenge... I'm getting better and in the future I think I'll be able to get it. Sometimes I miss gold by 2-3 turns, but it's sooo brainstorming gameplay...
Perhaps soon gold+100% of map will be possible to me on Normal. I'll see what's next when I'll get there

P.S. That's why I was asking about mechanics with +2charge cavalry attacking from forest in http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/viewtopic.php?t=143
Old 10-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Default Challenge

I am very happy they are keeping gold challenging. I want to have levels that are hard to reach
Old 10-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Mhm, but altough I'm having a hard time on Returning to Derenhall, I've managed to pull this out a mission before:

But I don't think that'll be the case all the time xPPPP
Old 10-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

Wouldnt it be better to have more enemies to defeat than this gold limit thingie??
Old 10-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Well, that's the point of my screen - 100% cities taken and enemies defeated AND gold You can check how many towns I've captured and how many units I've killed below

And Gold - I'm starting to believe IS worth fighting for. Usually You get 50-100 coins more than on silver and an extra unit of good quality - so that's another 280-300 gold. Sometimes it's much better to leave 1-2 enemy units on a map and one ore two villages untaken just to take gold. At least so far - right now I'm pretty screwed in Orc campaing, on Land of Knights map xPP That's a GOOD game
Old 10-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian
Well, that's the point of my screen - 100% cities taken and enemies defeated AND gold You can check how many towns I've captured and how many units I've killed below

And Gold - I'm starting to believe IS worth fighting for. Usually You get 50-100 coins more than on silver and an extra unit of good quality - so that's another 280-300 gold. Sometimes it's much better to leave 1-2 enemy units on a map and one ore two villages untaken just to take gold. At least so far - right now I'm pretty screwed in Orc campaing, on Land of Knights map xPP That's a GOOD game
What is more important - you always get a magic item for GOLD. Some of them are really cool and powerful.