Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Registered Member

Default error

I downloaded the demo anid tried to run it but get this error

The application has failed to start because its side-by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

What does this mean and how do correct it?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

I think You need to install vcredist, that file that is on a download demo page on a main Fantasy Wars page - http://www.fantasywars-thegame.com/index_uk.html

Bonus/Playable Demo, and there is a sentence "Warning! If You can't launch the demo, please install this file" (and there is a secret link in "this" word, so click it xPPP).

Other than that, I have no idea. But I think I had the same stuff while trying demo and that litlle file helped.....
Old 10-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

I received a fairly prompt email reply to this from tech support and I did have to d/l a program from microsoft. Fixed the problem and I'm up and running. Not sure if it was the same program you mentioned. I d/l the demo from another website and they didn't have any of this info. As a current victim of Blizzard (World of Warcraft) tech support, I'm pretty happy to have been successfully helped by 1C. Thanks!