Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 12-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaQSoN View Post
Are you aware, that remaking the game with modern graphic is pretty much equal to making a full new game?
yeah... whatever.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:29 PM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic727 View Post
yeah... whatever.
and not to menschen it take less for Microsoft Office and Dragon speak to make those programs and they charge way more on avrg. $75.00 and sell way more.

I don't here people crying about those being to expensive.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 12-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
I don't here people crying about those being to expensive.
The guy wants a premium product, worth of thousands of hundreds of man-hours of work for free. DT is great, they surely can make it in no time, since, as everybody know, they don't need to sleep, eat, or care about their families!

Don't ruin his sweet illusion, please.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaQSoN View Post
DT is great, they surely can make it in no time, since, as everybody know, they don't need to sleep, eat, or care about their families!
Sleep, food and family are totally overrated things, that only keep unworthy minions from working 24/7.
So can we please have our perfect graphics simulation, and by christmas this year, and while you're at it, why don't you add ALL the missing planes... And for free of course, we'll promise we'll contribute not a single thing to your effort - and if you only forget to fix ONE little bug, we will cry bloody havoc.

No really - I'm looking forward to the next patch - and I'll gladly and gratefully take all the FREE content you provide. This game is still alive - lets keep it that way for some more time.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

I never asked them to work 24/24 and 7/7... It was just an idea to make something modern with our favorite game. It can be in spare time like they are doing right now, or it can be a completely new team of volunteer. I could be in, but not now, maybe in two years. But like I wrote before, it was just an idea.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I never asked them to work 24/24 and 7/7... It was just an idea to make something modern with our favorite game. It can be in spare time like they are doing right now, or it can be a completely new team of volunteer. I could be in, but not now, maybe in two years. But like I wrote before, it was just an idea.
It's a nice sentiment. But you have to realize that building a whole new game from scratch, as done by volunteers, would take many years. It's problematic because by the time such a project was brought to fruition... the technology would be out of date again and it'd look aged.

There are plenty of indie game developers out there, small 2-3 person teams, but they tend to do small scale games. Certainly nothing approaching simulation level. It's complex stuff.

I think we have to be thankful we have something as solid as IL-2 1946 to work with. It's not as pretty as the newer stuff but the basics of it are still solid.

If we want to talk about visual upgrades... then upgrading the stock texture artwork for vehicles, aircraft, and the maps would go a long way to making the game look more beautiful without a game engine re-write. Something that can be done piecemeal.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:24 AM
What the heck...?

Quote:
Nic, you're missing the point.

The near-whimsical manner in how you talk about it glosses over the sheer scope of the task. Imagine the suggestion of building a brand-new modern nuclear aircraft carrier for the U.S. Navy on an old structure (with boilers) that was originally built as a seaplane tender, and that it could just be done by a bunch of hobbyists on their own spare time. As absurd as that sounds, that is akin to the sheer lopsidedness of your suggestion.

It's fine that you're so impressed by War Thunder's visuals (though there are better options available in that regard...), but that's an entirely different game, much more current, and with it's own structure specifically built to handle those visuals that you like so much.

IL-2's environment can indeed be improved, but overhauling it to such a degree would constitute an entirely new product (i.e. BoS, Eagle Dynamics, etc...), and renders the idea of doing such work in IL-2 redundant.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

Hello!
I would like to ask DT, what is estimated time of the 4.13 release?
Old 12-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

About this 'upgrading engine' discussion... I'd imagine, that there are people out there, who could programm external approaches, which work with the game graphics as they are... say like postprocessing etc. We have Bloom effects already available for DirectX ... something like that.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 12-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

Hey Caspar! Where were you ? Get back to work!
Seriously, for some people effects are at the top of the requests. For other of us, there is no need to improve them. A few days ago I reinstalled Age of Empires II, just to play a few games again. It was a classic, of course there new games of the same genre, but AoE still got something.
I want more inmersion but in a different way, perhaps airborne radar, navigation aids, manable flak.
Caspar, please, tell us.. will be a surprise in the patch???

How is Shinden going?
Lanc?
Uhu ?
520?
86?
115?
Potez?

Bombing smurfs since a long time ago...