Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
true indeed

but wouldn't it be better to use demons instead of griffins?(assuming u want to have to always retaliation ability for a tank)

an black dragons are also hard to keep alive(unless u got time back ready they die rather easy) and can't use spells on them

i would do it with emerald ones

their mana drain ability can be very helpful ^^
Yeah, Demons are good too of course. I just had the Griffiin Banner so I could recruit more of them, plus I didn't like using Demons with my Paladin...

I prefer Blacks because of the magic immunity - magic-damage creatures do almost nil damage to them, their very high Physical resistance (can be increased with items), their ability to decrease enemy intiative, and the fire damage/wake of fire is very usefull in this battle, as all the below-3 level undead units have -10% res to Fire.

For a Mage, I can imagine Greens are the better choice.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

true indeed

well for a warrior that fight is easy with max rage before u enter that fight and boom boom karador
Old 10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Finally i made it to Karadot at impossible Difficulty.

I am lvl 18 Mage, about 10-11k Leadeship, and have access to almost all kind of units due sacrifise and some low level pack with ranged units i left behind. I dont have time back (only lvl 1). I can case 2 spell in the first 2 round and have about 100 mana for it with some good desctruction and utility spells. (order and chaos lvl 2, distortion lvl 3)
From the tips hire, i do not have necro call and i do not have royal thorns.

So far it seems i am too weak for this battle. I have avoided almost all elf and undead pack as they are from strong to impossible.

I know i am low level i have also skipped dwarwen and demon pack behind and even some pirate ones. Do i really need to kill all these? (I dont like killing elves )

On what level did you finished with this battle?
Do you think i will NEED time back lvl 5 for this?
I am thinking using Knights with Circle attack talent+Teleport, but i have only access to a few knight so i need to sactifise a good stack for it. (And spend points to circle attack) Have anyone tried it?
Should i be able to get Dryads and Royal thorns withough doing any quest in the elven lands? I did not find any.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

I went back at lvl 20, 13000Leadership and i still feel too weak.

What level did you win this battle? (On impossible)
Old 10-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

I killed Karador last night with an level 16 warrior on impposible ,with no losses using inquisitors,horsemans,knights and emerald green dragons.I think i won simply because i got lucky with his army composition.Hes number of necromancers and skeleton archers was lower then usual. 40 necro and 800+ skeli. Also the items i found along the road had helped .Even so the battle last for over 145 turns.The longest battle i ever did ,since i start playing KB.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

impressive
Old 10-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Indeed. I guess you used Mana spring a lot but what else?

On the green dragons with Stoneskin and Divine armor I can do 97% Physical resistance (with the +15%boots), but ca'nt keep up target, manaspring this two spell and heal. Not because of mana issues but after i cannot cast 2 spell in a round it is impossible.

I think I will also use knights after all.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Boxed up the Inquisitors. Crippled the biggest stacks.Kill them one by one and necro call them.When only the Crystal remained all my stacks was left with only few troops except the Inquisitors .They stayed almost intact .Then the long process of regaining Rage and resurrect ,using the Inquisitors ,started.That was the key. Protecting the Inquisitors at all cost.Without them there is no way to win this without losses.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Approved Member

Unfortunately at lvl 21 i still do not have necro call

I took in the kignts to the battle with circle attack but unfortunately the 55% phisical resistance(unbuffed) is quite useless against the bone dragons/leeches

I am really stuck in this fight ATM, i will level to 22 for some more leadership and maybe try gigants too.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilian View Post
...i will level to 22 for some more leadership...
Correct, nothing makes any fight easier than leveling up and gaining more leadership.

I took down Karador at a leadership of 19,000; that high leadership helped me more than any other factor like tactics, unit composition, and spells:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10498