Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

I saw one at the museum last week. Quit funny that we still have it here. Mabye we will be lucky to have it next time
Old 01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennel View Post
In the soon to be released 4.10 patch it looks like most of the variants of spitfires are covered, (if the info is accurate)...
Is this a joke ? There is no Griffon powered Spitfire yet !
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Any chance of getting map re-paints like Redkos desert map?
Old 01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

Also there is no Bf109G10 with 2000hp DB605DC engine.
But still 4.10 is very good.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Default Some ideas from a new member

Hi all!

I was directed here from Boilerplate at SIMHQ Forum.

I would add some advises to improve game. Sorry if I didn't read previously messages of this thread, but they are too many! Just say me if I'm submitting again something already discussed.

In short, that's what follows:

1). Eliminate icons by padlocking a/c by keys: N to rotate among flight mates; H for other friendly; J for unidentified but visible; O for any object, the closest to gunsight centre; E for closest enemy. Padlocked object always on screen centre!

2). A/c visible at max detail level at least up to 600m. At least same for ground objects.

3). Set in-flight distances between a/c of same formation at 200m.

4). AI sharing same player's FM.

5). Internal padlocking NOT lost when interfering with a/c structure. Just avoid 360° head rotation.

Best regards,
GB
Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Smile Wishlist

Actually, I like the Icons (have trouble remembering the buttons already)
If we are on the subject of suggestions, I would like Daidalos Team to model the 4000 pound bomb "cookie" which could be carried by the DeHavilland Mosquito. It seems after all that the next patch (4.11) is to contain a lot of detail about bomb fuses, so I thought perhaps another bomb. By the way, it carried rockets as well (hint). No matter what eventuates, I want to thank Daidalos Team for keeping my favourite flight sim going. I wish I had the technical skills to help. Oh, and the new maps in the last patch are great. If Slovakia is really that pretty, I should save money to holiday there, or perhaps the Czech Republic?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RAAF_Smouch View Post
Agree with that mate. I have the rudder pedals for the X-52 and one toe pedal is wasted
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post
You mean, only one pedal is definable to breaks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaltysZ View Post
You can assign only one axis to brakes via GUI, or multiple axis if you manually edit file of controls. However, with multiple axis assigned to brakes, the last axis, whose value has been changed, has effect on brakes. I.e., if you press both pedals fully and then release one of them, brakes will be released too.

As for differential braking, some planes had separate brake pedals and others had single brake lever and differential braking was achieved by moving pedals like using ruder.
... and that edit is this... go to the Users folder in your IL2 install and go to the pilot folder that you use. For these purposes I used the default pilot doe but yours may be different. Mine has my name. :C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\46 HSFX\Users\doe

Open the file called settings and scroll down to this set of lines:

[HotKey move]
AXE_RX JoystickDevice1=trimelevator
AXE_RY JoystickDevice1=trimaileron
AXE_RZ JoystickDevice2=rudder
AXE_U JoystickDevice1=pitch
AXE_U JoystickDevice0=-radiator
AXE_X JoystickDevice2=brakes
AXE_X JoystickDevice0=aileron
AXE_Y JoystickDevice2=brakes
AXE_Y JoystickDevice1=-trimrudder
AXE_Y JoystickDevice0=elevator
AXE_Z JoystickDevice1=-power

Note that there is only one line for brakes. That line isdefined by whichever pedal you press when assigning the controls in the HOTAS section. I forget which is right & which is left but on your pedals on e will be X and the other Y. Note in this case mine says AXE_X JoystickDevice2=brakes. What you have to do to get the brakes gto work on either pedal is to add another line AXE_Y JoystickDevice2=brakes. If yours says Y then the line you would add would be X, but the device has to be the same. Then save that. What I do after that is highlight the settings file and then R click and go to Properties. Then I click Read Only. The reason for that is that even if you set it up like this the file will be overwritten to the default 1 axis setting the next time you boot the sim. Just rtemember that if you want to change any key settings you will have to first uncheck the read only status otherwise it wont take.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

But, it still will not be differential braking.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 07-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

My "request":
1) command and control;
2) Ju88G and Do217 nightfighter.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

LOL, at 182 pages long x 1 thread wide.........

DT needs a wider 'room'!
Closed Thread