Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
I'm just saying, if you bail out the plane will fall to earth either way. Might as well ram it and make use of it. If you want I suppose you can bail out just before you ram the target.
By the same token then you may as well ram planes in cta thereby as you put it making use of it. Similarly you may as well ram bombers with fighters then when shot up to make use of it!
If you're that desperate for points then ram away, I thought this thread was about playing as gentlemen.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

Second that Gilly.

It's a big difference to me to play good and entertaining games, and to go into each mission with the overall goal to win it at any cost.
That said... Of course I like to win! In fact I love it, but I love the good times with good friends that this game gives me more than any occasionally "Mission succeeded" (or whatever it says in the end of each mission). I guess I'm just getting old...
Old 11-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Hit the nail perfectly on the head McQ.
Perfect example was last nights BoB game. No winners or losers just a damn good laugh.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Of course, it should be avoided. It doesn't feel right to just bail out without compensating for -1 points to your team though.

Perhaps the no ramming should only apply to Simulator players then?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Of course, it should be avoided. It doesn't feel right to just bail out without compensating for -1 points to your team though.

Perhaps the no ramming should only apply to Simulator players then?
Without compensating??!! And come on 1 point in the scheme of things doesn't really make that much of a difference in a strike! So by ramming you change the -1 to more a +20/30- that doesn't feel right as you put it. Especially when some poor opposing player spends their time being shot up trying to get a kill only for then to see it ram the target! That doesn't feel right! Then to top it off chances are their plane is damaged after chasing said bomber and they end up bailing/ crashing to subsequently loose 1 point.
If you want to ram then be my guest, fill your boots if 1 point makes such a difference.

Last edited by Gilly; 11-09-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Every point counts towards a win. In a CTA game, where no one is letting the other team land, you can expect to see dogfighting only where every plane that crashes counts as -1 point.

If you feel that one point doesn't make a differance, then go ahead and bail out. I however would want to put a plane without any ammo or fuel to use. It has been done several times during WWII. And not some pile of rusted metal to be found 65 years later.

Last edited by Korsakov829; 11-09-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Every point counts towards a win. In a CTA game, where no one is letting the other team land, you can expect to see dogfighting only where every plane that crashes counts as -1 point.

If you feel that one point doesn't make a differance, then go ahead and bail out. I however would want to put a plane without any ammo or fuel to use. It has been done several times during WWII. And not some pile of rusted metal to be found 65 years later.
Every point counts- by just saying that you suggest that you're therefore willing to do anything to get said point. In a strike where a full B17 load can demolish over a 100 points 1 does not make that much difference. Dogfights and Team Battles I agree every point maybe does count. As you yourself have said in your cta reference 'every plane that crashes'. There's your difference! We'd bail and credit the killer irrespective of what the score was.
Anyway knock yourself out, ram away if it makes you happy.If that's what they did during the war who am I to argue. Did they respawn 5 seconds after dying with a new plane and bombload too?

Last edited by Gilly; 11-09-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

No, they didn't. They normally landed and re armed themselves.
In the case of my uncles IL-10 over Berlin however, he could have bailed out when he was out of ammo and fuel, and risked the plane falling down onto friendly posistions. Instead, he crashed it into a street taking out two King Tigers.

I say, by all means ram the target. There is nothing wrong with it.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I hope that comment about rusted metal is not related to the Spit wreck piece on the other thread. Thin ice mate, very thin ice
Old 11-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
No, they didn't. They normally landed and re armed themselves.
In the case of my uncles IL-10 over Berlin however, he could have bailed out when he was out of ammo and fuel, and risked the plane falling down onto friendly posistions. Instead, he crashed it into a street taking out two King Tigers.

I say, by all means ram the target. There is nothing wrong with it.
Wow! That must be documented somewhere. More so as there were so few IL10's in service then.
What regiment was he in?

Last edited by Gilly; 11-09-2010 at 03:51 PM.