Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentjaspar View Post
I have a feeling that going everywhere will require lots of failed troop evasion and reloading which I'm not sure I'm up for; I don't seem to be very good at it. It also seems like there are certain "guards" that by design are meant to keep you away from areas (e.g., Darion circus tent), even if they can be defeated by clever/agile players.

[...]

I could be wrong-- maybe the developers intended it, but perhaps it's not my play-style...?
Let me at least partially correct myself-- much to my surprise, getting to Hadar via the mines is a straight shot with no fights and no troop evasion! I didn't scope it out a whole lot, but it's now tempting to go get Lina charged up as early as possible. Further, there are 105 Griffons ready to be recruited there just inside Hadar...
Old 04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

That`s only part of it my friend
To get to elf islands you have to finish quest for dwarf king, but this doesn`t limit you.
Spoiler :
From Creiston mines mines you can go to Uper Hadar, then run through it to Lower Hadar, run to Hadar mines and past dwarf prince castle Bogacho i think to Underground sea. If you manage to run by guards there to Demonis entrance scouting demon lands should be easy, and there almost always are some great unit picks, after that returning to Hadar and have fun with brand new dragon army/or whatever you find in demon lands My advice if you do this
1) dont go before 15 lvl so you can get at least decent amount of leadership to buy units and have enough gold for them in first place (leading 1 marauder units in battles to dig through corpses is great way to do this with gift spell if you find it, or investing runes in trophy skill).
2) in demonis there is couple quests finishable without fighting, with high rewards for lvlup. Take quest for dragons in Ultrax accesable through portal behind guy who gives you quest, but dont go through (once you enter you have to finish 3 hard battles or fail quest for lots of exp) it before you finish tournament in Darion castle reward there is very useful for dragon fights. This is reason i say dont go there early 25lvl at least http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10567
3) after you manage to free dwarf prince, you will get death rage spirit and get quest for elf islands. There also are some quests to get exp without fighting. Also portals to undead lands are almost free to enter and roam around for couple more free quests and lots of treasure lying around.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 04-26-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Well much to my surprise, I was able to scout all the way through the Dwarf Lands, Underground Sea, and Demonis. I haven't uncovered all of the map or scouted out all recruitable troops (and available items), but I have a decent idea what's going to be available when I reach these areas. The only tricky part was getting past the guards to Demonis, but even that wasn't very hard, though it seems clear that the level is designed to prevent you entry to Demonis. Also, I haven't tried to get back.

I'm doing this strictly for scouting and have gone back to my game in early Western Islands, lol. I will still consider trying to take out Lucky James reasonably early, then going to Darion/Creiston/Hadar to pick up Lina and maybe some Griffons. I'll have to decide what kind of losses I'm willing to take against Lucky James since I'm really trying to minimize losses. Not a no losses campaign, but have only had single-digit losses since the Tutorial. We'll see.