Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Skeleton Archers. Unless you have insane amounts of Atk (30+) they are your number one choice + Dragon Arrows (even without).
Old 09-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

No more skeleton archers, 2500 or so and i keep them for harder battles.

Current stats: level 29, 23k leadership, 3 incarnations and an army made of elves/skeleton archers, demons, royal snakes (of course ), inquisitors (of course x2 ) and knights. I cleaned all the land, there's no enemy left (i think ).
Old 09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Why would you "keep" them for harder battles ? Units are there to use them. If you're in danger of running out of Skellies, just make sure you restore them before the battle ends.

Btw in combats where you see that you cannot out-dps the enemy before he starts spamming Geyser for instance it is very much advised to refrain from using non-resurrectable units or those that can't restore themselves (Vampires, Ancient Vampires, Cursed Ghosts, Inquisitors). So if anything, then it's the hard battles where you do NOT use Skellies :> Not the other way around.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
My runner-up were Demonesses with some 25k. Whip ftw.
third runner up u mean, there are sprites, then lake faeries, then everything else kkkkk
Old 10-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

After a month and a half, I've finally finished this game. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

The Marshall of Darion, Admiral of the Freedom Islands, Defender of Kordar, great diplomat and "dear friend" of the dwarves' king, the one who closed the evil gate to Demonis and second slayer of Baal, the one who travelled in Ultrax, savior hero of elves, lord over the Land of death, keeper of the labyrinth's secret, Chief and Great Shaman of the orcs in Murok, rider of the Archplane, killer of Haas and friend of Endoria, the turtle, the first "World Searcher", lord Christian Tyler, Paladin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_111009_001.jpg (514.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg screen_111009_002.jpg (514.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Congratulations, msp :> Seems like a fairly good resume for a first time playthrough. The damage done by snakes is impressive. With a frog wife and a snake king ring they're mighty fierce aren't they ? :>
You could have tried to bring regular Snakes along, too (not the swamp ones, they do poison damage only and that's fail). They don't have the benefit of no retaliation but they have lunge as well and their damage is physical, too. They'd have benefitted a lot from your wife and the ring.

I highly suggest you play through the game with a warrior next and on hard. And learn basic loss presevation and mana conservation techniques (Lina on lvl 19 kills my heart xD ). That'll give you a completely new approach to the game.
You'll think you're playing a different game entirely ! Have fun :>
Old 10-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Not bad, msp. I suggest following Vulture's advice. And you'll be surprised how much quicker you can beat the game knowing the locations, what enemies to generally expect, which troops are good vs. certain enemies, etc. I just learned last time through from Vulture how awesome Vampires and Ancient Vampires can be.