Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

I flew on the Syndicate server tonight. I spotted and attacked a couple of Stukas in my Spit Ia, killed a gunner and blew off some bits and pieces, but they kept flying. A lucky bullet knocked off my hydraulics. Limping back home I opened the canopy, and on the left side the exhaust made beautiful yellow flames, on the right side no flames at all. Another point for the excellent DM!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Flying low over fields, 200 mph, low enough to see the individual wheat stalks... totally convincing visual impression of going very fast.

I noticed this recently after upgrading GPU to GTX 570
Old 05-31-2011, 03:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
...good question asked in the wrong moment because right now there is nothing good about it, neither offline nor online.

Offline so many things are missing (battleships etc.,...) the campagnes and single missions are boring and made in a sloppy and negligent way, online its not better. You only have warping planes and missing sound.
All in all its no fun !

Maybe you ask that question again in a few months when they will have patches to fix the crap. Normally you expect patches to fix bugs and stuff, here you have the opportunity to watch how patches cause other crap, (example - proppitch 109) so better wait, maybe half a year until the worst will be hopefully ironed out.
At the moment you better go and play "fishing simulator", that is probably more fun!

Im surprised you have warping planes online unless you have issues with your provider, I can play on servers where my ping is 500+ and I see no warping at all, in fact it is very smooth online IMO.

Oh, I dont think Battleships were in the Channel during BoB, would have been a good way to lose the fleet, but some destroyers would be nice.

Now back on topic, I enjoy the way damage is always slightly different, the CEM keeps you with something to do and is a test in combat situations, cockpits are spectacular, and personally I think the overall graphics are damn good, for me they are on a par with ROF, but the long range viz is much better than ROF, although hopefully this will be fixed for ROF soon as well, so many intricate details, only downside is so much is still just promise, but if they ever fully unlock all the apparent features this will be awesome and its always nice to be in on the rocky begginings of something that becomes awesome
Old 05-31-2011, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Well said Tiger, the glass is indeed "half full".
Old 05-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs down online crap, ... offline not much better !

... yes I do have warping planes and not just me and not just on one server. It happened on Syndicate as well as on the Repka server. On every server that has many pilots. Only on the ones where almost noone is flying there is no warping and sound cutouts!

It is not my provider who causes the warps and sound cutouts ! Oh and by the way - for me the "glass is not half full" considering what I have got as "collectors edition" of this sim !!! A nice cloth map and a manual do certainly not comfort me over the modest quality of the sim itself !

And again, back to what was asked, what is good about this sim?
Much ! But the things that are not good are outballancing the whole thing at the moment ! I only hope that will change after the US release. But at the moment it is no fun playing it.

My opinion, like it or not,...

Last edited by Pluto; 05-31-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

Very impressive Explosions, looks like real.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Well, it has already been said often:
Opinions are like a**holes, everybody got one, and nobody wants to see the other ones!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG28_Kodiak View Post
Very impressive Explosions, looks like real.
I'll take your word for it.

To sum it up so far guess one could say we all agree that the sim has kickass potential and will be outstanding in 6 months or so.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Btw I mailed my US friends and they liked it and said they would buy a copy but probably keep flying IL-2 1946 because of the lack of US planes in CloD.
Well, we'll see what happens after their virgin tour.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Smile