Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 06-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Exactly.

Some internet shops sell CoD cheaper then it costs at Steam. They say they sell a retail copy that they purchase with dealer discount very cheap. When you purchase a game from them they send you a picture of a DVD/box with the reg number.

Some of these shops are legal but some sell stolen numbers. Just a possibility.
Hence why I've stopped buying boxed products unless it's either a game I really want the boxed edition of (and then only if it's enough goodies in the game to warrant it), or if it's not on Steam. If I have a choice between Steam and boxed for the same price, I ALWAYS go with Steam. Haven't had an issue with it at all, apart from that episode from a couple of years back when a friend of mine gave me his copy of Half Life Orange Box.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

I bought it from a reputable games retailer in Australia (E B Games who have been very supportive) and registered it with STEAM within 24 hrs of purchase. Since last post have sent required photos to STEAM another 3 times but they've not even responded. Now (3 days ago) I've written to Ubisoft's General Manager in Australia to advise him of my situation. No reply yet.
Michelip.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Approved Member

http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/....php?t=1840700

Or maybe...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/95955...8212977?page=1

(second post)
Old 07-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelip View Post
I bought it from a reputable games retailer in Australia (E B Games who have been very supportive) and registered it with STEAM within 24 hrs of purchase. Since last post have sent required photos to STEAM another 3 times but they've not even responded. Now (3 days ago) I've written to Ubisoft's General Manager in Australia to advise him of my situation. No reply yet.
Michelip.
E B Games also buys and sells useds games. You could have ended up getting an already used copy of CoD. Just return there and ask for a legit new copy. SInce it is a boxed version, Steam will ask for proof of purchase. If you still have your receipt, it is the store where you bought the game that should correct the situation
Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Approved Member

I had this problem also. Bought a standard box version (made in Australia) from EB Games, intended as a backup copy to the Collector's set, and have held off installing until the game was in some kind of a workable state with the last patch. When I went to install it, I got the same message - "Already activated", etc.
As I had not installed it within the 90 days time period Steam will do nothing. Interestingly though, the Collector's set installed fine. Also got the same "Already Activated" message with another brand new game, also bought from EB. In both cases the good folk at the EB store swapped the games for a replacement copy which installed fine. Something strange is definitely going on here.