Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Default No losses impossible help

This is more of a Q & A for anybody wanting to post either their successes (for others trying this great feat) or for people with questions on how to get by something in particular.

Personally I'm in the second group, having a really hard time getting past Bolo Island with no losses. I'm currently Lv. 8 Paladin with 3187 leadership and an army consisting of:
2 Cyclops
14 Paladins
21 Polar Bears
53 Royal Snakes
31 Inquisitors
My army is just barely (and I mean just barely by 3g) capped on stack size, I don't have a wide variety of spells which doesn't include slow as I have somehow not found it yet. Debir is 100%, Scarlet I still have 2 mobs I can't seem to get around 1 of which has a map and the 2 contracts on the island. Bolo as well there's the 2 mobs guarding the maps which always get me by a couple losses and some roamers that just barely get me (big groups of melee but no way of slowing them aside from dragon kick). I have grabbed the amulet from behind the robot guard and handed it in (with +50 leadership from the amulet). I'm completely broke like I mentioned, I have tried each battle 10 times with no luck trying various positions spells and tactics. I'm contemplating restarting and hoping for something better, my first time around I found paladins really quickly as opposed to this time where I didn't get them until after the amulet hand in but I did get Jim with the +700 leadership which was damn nice. My dragon has had Treasure Searcher (2 chests) since battle 8 and I have dragon egg (yellow dragon) but it has yet to help, I have sold several adventure maps as well. I can't figure out how to beat certain hero's because of their ridiculous spells that I can't heal through.
Is there a remedy to my headache's here? Or am I doomed to restart for a third time? I havn't beat the game yet but I have easily put 150+ hours into KBTL, as well as the Heroes of Might & Magic series (probably closer to 500+ hours on that) so I have a pretty good knowledge on the game I just feel like I didn't get quite a rewarding start.

Damn that's a huge post, sorry for the novel!

Last edited by Kathos; 11-23-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Hmmm, I would really miss the archmagi in your position, even if there are only a few available at this point. They are perfect throughout the game, as they reduce the damage your tank will take by half. With a similar party as a Paladin I managed to take the verona map from bolo by dual-tanking (no target spell) - putting the paladins and the cyclopses in the line of fire and backing them up with magic shield and ranged units. It was a pain though... I had only healing lvl 1 at that time. The most important thing was to do the fight without losing a cyclops and/or more than 2 paladins.

I don't really know what kind of advice to offer... Try to kite some map guards if you can and sneak into new territories. That may help you fix the monetary problem.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Approved Member

None of the map guards will move from their spot, and the only time they even aggro on me is when I'm right in their face so they get me anyways. I really liked the archmagi from KBTL but I don't recall seeing any, I may have to take another look around to see if I just overlooked them and then I'll have to try and figure out how to get some money for them lol. Whenever I tank with the paladin's or cyclops they get crit like f'ing crazy, against every single mob it seems. Every army out there I can't beat has a whackload of polar bears too and with that brutality and that huge crit it makes them hard to kill. The best I can do is throw on peacefulness and helplessness and burn down 1 stack at a time in a single round to keep the damage from them minimal but they just crit crit crit. Always manage to kill something. Honestly I really wish I had slow to be able to control my enemy more rather than just my own. Frustrating! Thanks though, I'll keep looking for something that works. Really don't want to restart a third time.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Approved Member

Check the clock tower in the graveyard on Scarlet Wind. At least 4 archmagi are guaranteed to spawn there. As for the critting... I guess that's normal if you fight barbarians. Both of them (red and purple ones) have 100% chance to crit when their stack goes below 50%. As for the bears... they have a high chance to crit anyways.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Approved Member

Kathos look at my posts here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=11194&page=6

For beating the Verona map guardian on Scarlet Island. And here;

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=11110&page=2

For Kiting away map guardians in general. DGDobrev also has a good post on that page. hope it helps!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:22 AM
Approved Member

Try to get to Verona , do some sneaking , get some spells .... etc.
I found resurection there.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:22 AM
Approved Member

I haven't found more than 4 Archmages in my Impossible Warrior game by Verona, so I haven't been using them. No Target spell either. Somehow I am still managing to mop up most of Verona without losses. I don't think much of the Polar Bears but the rest of your team is fine. Inquisitors, Royal Snakes and Paladins are great, but I also use Royal Griffins and either Royal Thorns or Red Dragons (I found two of these on Verona).
Old 11-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

I literally spent 2 hours one day frustrated trying to kite the map guards, they just would not move no matter what I did until i was in their face and couldn't turn around quick enough. I actually managed to get the anchor map this morning, got a really lucky spawn on a stack of fire spiders from my mystic egg, net is wonderful =)
Old 11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

you must learn how to do it right .. some are pretty hard, some are easy depends which one but its all doable ... i had same ... i was trying to get umkas map on verona and i failed and gave up but day later i decided i have to do it and i made it in like 5 mins ..
Old 11-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

So now that I have made my way onto the Rusty Anchor island and plundered myself some gold, I'm REALLY considering those Evil Beholders back in the Bolo Island viking camp. The only unit I'm really going to consider swapping out of my army would be the polar bears, even though I have the white slippers (+1 morale and speed) which make them 10x better. Royal Snakes are just too good to pass up with the amount of damage they can put down without ever being touched in most cases. However I'm not about to go on an impulse buy and grab as many beholders as I can without getting a bit of more informed feedback from some of the folks on here. And it would be stupid to swap out inq/pally/cyclops. Evil Beholders were bar none my fav unit in KBTL, would it be worth the swap for the bears (and just keep them in reserve incase I need another tank)? Typically I like to have 3-4 ranged units and a tank or 2, lucky for me the cyclops serve a dual-role.