Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goalie_94 View Post
I love the demo. My best experiance was when i was flying really low and my left pylon (wing whatever its called) actually ripped off, so i only had half the ammo. Then my right engine got shot up a few minutes later. After that my tail rotor got hit and i started to spin. I was low at the time so i landed it, but it rolled on to its side with a spectacular crash rotors hitting ground, dust everywhere effect. It was really cool. I was in third person at the time to check out my damage because i seen in the cockpit it said "RIGHT PYLON CONTROL, RIGHT ENGINE DAMAGED". I didn't know about free look, so i switched to third when my tail rotor was hit. THe realism was incredible. Hopefully i can round up some money for this game. First i need MoH and Black Ops though. (sorry, can't resist shooting ZOMBIES with an M16 XD, especially while im playing as JFK or NIXON)
Have to agree, the effects do look good. Ive spent the last 30 mins trying different ways to crash. The voice of the pilot as your gonig down is good to, with such things as "were going down, brace for impact were going down hard" before seeing your apache spin into the floor then blow up. Spectacular stuff. Cant wait for MP co op and watching as your "wingmen" are screaming over the mic as you see them spinning out of control before hitting the deck. To add to this and how you like it... i'd suggest staying away from MOH for a few months at least. Its a good game, the SP is one of the best if not the best game ive played, all be it very very short. But emotional and superb. The MP is hit and miss, but with Black ops coming out, you'll not even bother with MOH so honestly mate i'd save the £30+ you'd be paying for it and get this game instead which will only be £32 but its your call at the end of the day.

Quote:
So, since i never payed attention, is it pretty much confirmed that the only aircraft is the APACHE? Because i seen on the website it was like AIRCRAFT: A-10, APACHE and others...
In SP you play as the apache (maybe another, but not much) but not just 1 version of the apache. You play as the US and the British versions. In MP you can play as 4 (i think thats right) different helicopters, including the russian hind. Though which missions this is is unknown yet, or if you can choose your own heli for any mission. Maybe someone else will know more on this.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

Default 360 demo

Great demo I cant wait for this to release Im really looking forward to the co-op.
The only thing that is bugging me is I want to change the yaw from one stick to another (xbox 360 pad) but it looks like you cant customise your controls, do the devs read theses forums ? If so please add customisable controls for console players.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

ProTip: Don't launch Hellfire to close to friendlies.............
Old 11-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyboy86 View Post
Great demo I cant wait for this to release Im really looking forward to the co-op.
The only thing that is bugging me is I want to change the yaw from one stick to another (xbox 360 pad) but it looks like you cant customise your controls, do the devs read theses forums ? If so please add customisable controls for console players.
In the ps3 demo you can switch sticks.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Approved Member

Im having trouble with the "free look" camera. It doesnt seem to work!! This is on the
AV8R on the 360.

Anyone else know how to do it?

Must admit, its much smoother and easier with the joystick

EDIT - I've sorted it, was a silly error on my part. Loving it with my AV8R, makes it more fun

Last edited by FOZ_1983; 11-04-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

I just had my tail fly off. span for a bit, then blew up. I also took a head on RPG hit, while in cockpit view. It was amazing. My heli just blew up. I also managed to do a few barrel rolls while flying through a valley.

May first crash was in cockpit view when my tail rotor hit a tree. I started spinning then the ground came up. Epic.

Can we fly the BLACKHAWK? My favorite helo is the Huey, but i geuss thats out of the question for sure.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I just had my tail fly off. span for a bit, then blew up. I also took a head on RPG hit, while in cockpit view. It was amazing. My heli just blew up. I also managed to do a few barrel rolls while flying through a valley.

May first crash was in cockpit view when my tail rotor hit a tree. I started spinning then the ground came up. Epic.

Can we fly the BLACKHAWK? My favorite helo is the Huey, but i geuss thats out of the question for sure.
Its epic isnt it!! Absolutely brilliant. Especially in cockpit view when you can see what it is thats hit you or youve hit!! I love it, im hooked!! haha.

Not sure if we can fly the blackhawk...maybe in MP co op, but i doubt it. We can fly the Hind though.

Huey would be nice
Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Approved Member

Maybe we can start a vote for DLC. I only played for half an hour and can't play for 2 days. I hope to play a few hours on the wweekend. It is very epic. THe damage is intense! Can't wait for the full game so i can customize my owm bird.

In case you didn't know, i prefer helicopters over planes. Sorry plane fans
Old 11-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Maybe we can start a vote for DLC. I only played for half an hour and can't play for 2 days. I hope to play a few hours on the wweekend. It is very epic. THe damage is intense! Can't wait for the full game so i can customize my owm bird.

In case you didn't know, i prefer helicopters over planes. Sorry plane fans
After completing the 3 missions of the demo it unlocked a new apache and some skins. I thought maybe i could use these in the missions again but it turns out you cant. Its good how you can go to "extras" and put stickers etc onto your apache. I spent a while making my own haha, redy eyes at the front and a nice badge at the side. Nothing t ofancy, but looked good then when you exit the demo you lose it all.

Im hooked on this demo i must admit.

As for DLC, anton has already said its a posibility, but its not down to the devs, its down to the publishers and whether or not they want to publish it. Lets hope this game gets enough sales

Cant wait for some XBL co op missions!! Some epic games will be recorded and talked about in this forum no doubt.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Approved Member

you all have me stoked! just got in and am going to DL it....we may have to split out time between BoP and AAA....we need a secretary...a sexy hot one !! i will do the the interviews.....