Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
Coming out the same week as Black Ops. Even if it's a budget title that still seems like a bad idea.
Which one is Black Ops? The modern warfare one is not by the same team and the Call Of Duty one has a bounty on it's head from the defence secretary. Either way they both look more of the same that Bad Company does better anyway.

I will be blasting in my chopper that week
Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
Which one is Black Ops? The modern warfare one is not by the same team and the Call Of Duty one has a bounty on it's head from the defence secretary. Either way they both look more of the same that Bad Company does better anyway.

I will be blasting in my chopper that week
To me it looks like a PC mod of MW2 but I'm sure it will still sell millions. I think less people will be willing to buy two games and the lesser known title will suffer. Maybe some good gameplay trailers the week before release will get the word out to the masses that a helicopter gunship game is coming out on consoles... might work wonders.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

Black Ops will suck and suck badly. As far as I am aware its made by Treyarch, who make the crap CoD games.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandro View Post
Black Ops will suck and suck badly. As far as I am aware its made by Treyarch, who make the crap CoD games.
I think you mean good.

Cant wait for this, though
Old 09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Well if internet chatter is anything to go by, it looks like Apache may see some strong sales. Ive seen a number of sites where people are more interested in it than the other big name flight games, like HAWX2 or the new AC. If even a few of those people follow through it could be the sleeper hit of the year. There is ALWAYS room in a game collection for a damn good chopper game, as many gamers would agree. So if Anton and the boys have done a good job, we could be looking at a big boost to the devs kudos and recognition.

On a more personal level, Ive already noted to a few friends that the game is from the makers of BoP and they are very interested in the product. However like me, they want to play a demo first to get a feel for the way the game plays and its learning curve. Thats a good thing though as they did the same with BoP and were hooked.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

It better have cockpits!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

You know, im not going to lie, BLACK OPS, if it has ZOMBIES i will buy. They already confirmed some sort of unrealistic, hand held mini-gun thing. So nothing will satisfy me more then mowing down a bunch of ZOMBIES with a MINI-GUN. I would also like to fly APACHES too, but you know, i would like to see ratings and gameplay first. This game seems a little too unannounced.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goalie_94 View Post
You know, im not going to lie, BLACK OPS, if it has ZOMBIES i will buy. They already confirmed some sort of unrealistic, hand held mini-gun thing. So nothing will satisfy me more then mowing down a bunch of ZOMBIES with a MINI-GUN. I would also like to fly APACHES too, but you know, i would like to see ratings and gameplay first. This game seems a little too unannounced.
They should put a zombie mode in Apache Assault. Maybe some strimming action like in 28 Weeks Later
Old 09-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
Coming out the same week as Black Ops. Even if it's a budget title that still seems like a bad idea.
Yeah I agree Zatoichi but at the same time I'm not sure the COD crowd is going to be interested in a chopper game?? Flight jocks will be all over this before COD.............well heres hoping!

I gave up on COD after COD4. I'm yet to play COD WAW, COD MW2, and black ops looks like the same crap as all the others so it's not getting my coin. Apache all the way - brings back memories of desert strike on the mega drive or genesis depending where you come from.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtonboy05 View Post
Yeah I agree Zatoichi but at the same time I'm not sure the COD crowd is going to be interested in a chopper game?? Flight jocks will be all over this before COD.............well heres hoping!

I gave up on COD after COD4. I'm yet to play COD WAW, COD MW2, and black ops looks like the same crap as all the others so it's not getting my coin. Apache all the way - brings back memories of desert strike on the mega drive or genesis depending where you come from.
But wasn't Desert Strike massive back then? Almost everyone I knew who had a megadrive got it.