Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

i went and practiced on real and sim last night. i just think some AC are super prone to spin/stall. when i was in a spit or cane..cant remember which...i did fairly well. when i swtiched over the battle of the bulge and in 51....didnt do as bad as last time but it was more of a struggle. i will have to experiment with different planes. when i do get online i want something easier to fly and then can change as my skill gets better.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

So how has the FLY 9 Wireless been working for everyone? i have to get a new controller. keep twisting the rudder off my AV8R. the last mend job lasted a long time but.... is the FLY 9s hold up better? or what would be a good stick with rudder and throttle?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

UPDATE: i emailed saitek and just told them they needed to beef up the stick and they were very interested in what i had to say and wanted to make it right. i informed them that i had already "voided" my warranty and fixed it myself....but they wanted pictures of what i had done. they may be for real and want to do the right thing. i am going to suggest they view or post on here to get feedback from the people who REALLY use their products...we'll see what happens....i will keep you updated.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Approved Member

The rudder isn't the only weak point on the AV8R and is prone to a number of problems if used for more than just the occaisional session. Unfortunately, not a lot of choice for the Xbox and your left with the Ace Edge or the FLY9. I like the FLY9 and very happy with it - seems to be coping well with the endless hours of use it has endured compared to the AV8R. Having just bought IL-1946 I ordered the PC version (Cyborg X) which is very similar but half the price. The 5 button top hat is ideally suited for Realistic or SIM other than Zoom and Cockpit view buttons are placed near the throttle ( I would prefer Zoom to have been on the top hat), other than that it's been great and glad Saitek (MadCatz) released an alternative to the AV8R. Ideally, MS could do us all a favour and upgrade their OS to accept PC sticks but that isn't likely to happen.......mind you, the FLY 9 is now available at a lower price than I paid.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:40 AM
Approved Member

sounds like a sale to me...thanks see
Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

....I use rechargeable AA batteries so might be worth getting a pack of four if you don't have any..............
Old 05-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

good to know. i have a camera that takes rechargeable AAs so i can use them. ordered the fly 9 and at the same time got an email from madcatz...they will replace my AV8R. So i will have a spare stick...which i hope i do not need..lol. thanks for all the info see. hope to see you in the skys soon.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Hey BS, let us know how you find the FLY 9! Your opinions may be completely different to mine and would be useful for others. I still get a lot of people asking on line about Flightsticks for Xbox. Many are not aware of what is available, which to get or even where to get one from!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

I got and i love it. the action is much smoother ... especially the rudder. you dont have to fight it like you have to with the AV8R so i think there is way less chance of over stressing it. the one pad near the throttle does take getting used to. when i rest the heal of my had on the body of the stick i end up hitting that pad....which gives you your side, front, and rear views. i just have to learn to hold my hand differently. i does take getting used to. i like that most of the controls are @ your thumb..so its easier to use. i got mine from fadfusion ... mail order place here in pennsylvania and paid about $92 usd including shipping and got it with in 3 days. i think i fly better ( but still like crap...) but i think i will pick it up a lot faster with this stick.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Approved Member

Glad you like it, you will soon get used to it! I tried to talk to you about the FLY9 and whether you had got it (in the matches we played on friday night) but there was a lot of echo bouncing around and you couldn't hear me too well. May be next time......