Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Its failed......can't believe it! Plane suddenly started yawing hard right, looked back in cockpit view and rudder was full hard right. Not a mechanical failure as with the AV8R but a hardware one.........switched it off, checked batteries, prayed, gently tapped it.....but no joy.......and it WAS such a great stick....I had even trained my little finger to hit that zoom button....damn!

Last edited by SEE; 04-06-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

i think you want to leave it...sorry to hear that it was defective. might just be a fluke and you were the lucky one to get it. lets see how the company warrants it and deals with you. and how the next one will last.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

The FLY 9 has a security label over the screws that hold the base on, any damage to that, in order to remove the screws, and its 'warranty void' so I won't be touching it. Will be shipped back to Amazon tomorrow.......hopefully it was just a rogue but I will call Madcatz tech support and tell them that it failed in the first few hours of use. I'm gentle with the rudder and I can feel the 'twist' tension so its not a mechanical failure - it happened quite suddenly during normal flight. Going to miss it as I really liked it......ah well, just have to be patient and press the AVR back into 'active service'.......
Old 04-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Just read that this Flightstick features 'rumble' but not mentioned in the spec or advertisements. I have 'vibration' turned off and hence didn't notice it. Mad Catz requested that my stick be returned directly to them rather than the seller Amazon. Satek Tech support were suprised to hear that it had developed a fault within hours of use.

Update: (this is the only review that comes up on Google) so for the benefit of anyone reading this thread I will update the Saitek/Madcatz response and level of support.

Madcatz have emailed me to confirm that they will be replacing the FLY 9 and that mine is undergoing analysis to determine the reason for its premature failure. Hopefully, this is due to a rogue assembly error rather than an inherrant design fault.

The replacement will be with me in the next day or so.

Confirmation via email that rechargeable cells can be used without affecting flight performance but expect to replace/recharge more frequently. 'Use of' not mentioned in Instruction booklet.

Last edited by SEE; 04-10-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

Default Pulling out of a flat spin with Cyborg FLY 9

I also bought the Cyborg FLY 9 this week and so far it feels pretty good, though I'm learning to fly all over again since the "feel" is different from the controller. My question is how do I pull out of a stall/flat spin? Depending on the direction of the flat spin, it tells me to pull the left trigger button and move the analog stick (icon of the 360 controller shows up) left or right depending on the direction. I'm lost on how that translates to the flight stick. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Cut throttle and apply full ailerons (swing yoke Left or Right) opposite to your direction of spin.....i.e, if your plane is spinning clockwise then yoke left and vice versa......once it stops spinning, engage moderate throttle and pull out of dive as normal increasing throttle as necessary.......unless you have run out 'altitude' in which case its.....bad language and respawn....

I found with the Cyborg that elevators are +1 for all a/c (i.e Spit 4 down not 5 down as on the AV8R on SIM)...........hope you like the Cyborg and layout.......let us know how you get on....

Last edited by SEE; 04-10-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

full opposite ailerons? that would explain why i had such a heck of a time recovering from spins when i was trying out real/sim. i was chopping throttle, neutalizing the ailerons and kicking full opposite rudder..then waited to dump the nose to get out of the stall.... i will try this and proabably have better success.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
full opposite ailerons? that would explain why i had such a heck of a time recovering from spins when i was trying out real/sim. i was chopping throttle, neutalizing the ailerons and kicking full opposite rudder..then waited to dump the nose to get out of the stall.... i will try this and proabably have better success.
No, what you were doing does work, thats how I get out of my spins. I really don't know why the spin recover tip in realistic says to use ailerons. Since the wings are stalled in a spin the ailerons should do nothing. Its called the PARE method, most times I don't even need to use the elevators.

Ive never managed yet to recover from a flat spin though, the MC202 is the plane most likely to get into one of those.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 04-11-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

thanks pope...i guess i just have to mess with my sensitivities....i may not have adjusted them before. use of the rudder was the way i was taught but sometimes games dont mimick real life. not all planes recover from spins..in real life the P39 was bad for that and tumbling. but some down elevator should take you out of a flat....but did also hear dropping gear might drop the nose...worth a try to keep from going SPLAT!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Approved Member

why on earth did I say ailerons?....of course its opposite rudder!.....I do this without thinking and also wrote down my reply without thinking.....silly me! Sorry guys.....it my age.....(lame excuse)