Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Default CheeseTactics

Nickname (so not to flame) and shame those most with the most cheese ridden style of play.
Cheese styling is open to interpretation: whats ones mans cheese is anothers genius so be careful to state as opinions.

Sorry guys but i wouldn't count rockets against bombers as cheese it's annoying because it's very effective but not cheese.

Using a b17 as flying turret in dogfight realistic or simulator i would count as cheese... opinion not fact. This only applies to certian players and not those who only fly b17s

Last edited by Shadowcorp; 03-24-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

well people who try to suicide ram you or trying to crash into you when you have landed on cta i mean a death for 1 plane even a kamakaze would do that
Old 03-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

i'm also not a huge fan of people who used turreted bombers or IL-2's in dogfight (flying turret method).

It kind of takes away form the whole dogfight experience that most are going for. but it doesnt really pizz me off or anything, jsut would prefer if they werent being used in dogfight (unless everyone is flying turreted aircraft)
Old 03-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

I think all of you have good points (opinions). Flying turrents, Lame-O, kamikaze CTA, Lame-O, kamikaze-ing bombers, Lame-O, and the coup de grace, intentional team kill. That deserves a Super Lame-O... Although I must admit, I get the dickwad medal for intentionally kamikaze-ing someone, once or twice, out of pure fustration...
Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuklhed808 View Post
Although I must admit, I get the dickwad medal for intentionally kamikaze-ing someone, once or twice, out of pure fustration...
your honesty is honorable...I also may have "bumped" into a B-17G or two after not being able knock it out of the air, while receiving non-stop incoming fire.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

I hate when in realistic when u got a lot of damage on them and they seem that it would give u a kill but when they hit the ground the game wont give u a kill.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

if you bail for people they will bail for you, at least thats what i've observed and indeed practice: if i know the person shooting me would not bail niether would i. But yes still it's annoying....
Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

-Using arado's as kamikaze battering rams when losing.
-IL2M/ IL10's in dogfights.
-Bombing your own team in cta's when the enemy decides to land as well, even though a couple of seconds more and you'd have won it ( and on occasions when the opposition haven't/ aren't landing).
-When people switch teams at the last minute thereby completely unbalancing what had previously been fair teams and then refusing to change back.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko57 View Post
OOOOPS, i guess i have to excuse myself being somebody who always bombed those airfields beyond repair including the enemy on the runway !!!

As you know my beloved B-17G has no other attack weapon but bombs, so tell me please what now ???
I was refering to friendly fire!! Don't think your guilty of that!!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

Rockets were used in ww2 to down Bombers, FACT. 40 mm rockets from me262s also rockets from the 109 k series because the b17 was so heavily armored new way were invented to shoot it down.
my real Beef isn't with you branko as i said those who only fly a b17 are the exception.
In my opinion none of the bombers has a place in dogfight because realistically it takes a few fighters to bring a bomber (especially a b17) down and then theres tha fact the bombers aren't actually dogfighting which sort of defeats the point of playing dogfight if you aren't actually dogfighting
I aways do a death from above attack on bombers but for bombers i like to fly a 262
Closed Thread