Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

Well if you did it in strike you could use the targets as marker posts, out to the ships then north to first set and so on. Agree you need some sort of ref to adjudicate though or even 2 or 3 set around the track.
Winter in Stalingrad was my other thought as you could use the frozen river as a good starting point and then race off down the tributries even under bridges which could be used as marker points?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

How about a relay race between the three Kent airfields? Landing would pass the baton to your teammate to take off for the next airfield. Four teams of English, US, German and Russian fighters for example. You could still use the landmarks such as Dover Castle.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Pudgy beat me to it.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Approved Member

I like Gilly's idea of Winter over stalingrad. Although my only reservation is that it may be difficult to navigate.

However if anyone is willing to get online and scout around for some decent courses, i'd be willing to get online to help them out.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

I love the relay with airfields idea. That could b great fun if it's a tight race.
I just scoped out winter in Stalingrad and it's perfect for a race. The river has two islands top n bottom. Small one at top and big one at bottom. Basically makes a nice big oval race track. I navigated it with ocassional references to map but it looks pretty easy to follow
Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

I was thinking of mass drag races through Berlin using one of the many rivers as a race course. We pick a field next to the river as a starting point. Everyone land and form up there lining up so our take off starts the race.

For practice we could do a few dry runs in loose formation.... marking any critical turns with a crash...
Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkerr419 View Post
I was thinking of mass drag races through Berlin using one of the many rivers as a race course. We pick a field next to the river as a starting point. Everyone land and form up there lining up so our take off starts the race.

For practice we could do a few dry runs in loose formation.... marking any critical turns with a crash...
One particular river in Berlin is lined by buildings. This would make a great death star like trench run.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1rebrand View Post
One particular river in Berlin is lined by buildings. This would make a great death star like trench run.
Just make sure you dont try eat tea while flying:
Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Lol!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire23 View Post
I like Gilly's idea of Winter over stalingrad. Although my only reservation is that it may be difficult to navigate.

However if anyone is willing to get online and scout around for some decent courses, i'd be willing to get online to help them out.
Was thinking along the lines of use the B17 to drop marker bombs along the circuit or at turns then put it down at the far end to make sure everyone makes the turns. It also serves as as a ground turret!!