Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I said this in a previous post. I made a custom layout and when I was flying the P-51 it was hard to control and kept stalling out like it was before the patch came out. I paused the game and went back to default 3 and it flew fine.
I haven't really noticed any difference in other planes. Is it just the P-51 that's behaving this way? Because as of right now, the flaps and trim buttons are just too awkward for me using Layout 3 so I have to use the semi-nerfed cutom layout.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Approved Member

Default Max jealousy

I am very jealous right now and I think the polite thing to do would be for all PS3 users to not play until the 360 patch is up.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I said this in a previous post. I made a custom layout and when I was flying the P-51 it was hard to control and kept stalling out like it was before the patch came out. I paused the game and went back to default 3 and it flew fine.
* This is not happening when flying the P-51, it happens with all planes, even the BF 109, which never stalls and spinouts.

* I tried all possibilities of altering the deathzone and nonlinearity for rudder, ailerions, elevator, but it still stalls, I have to be VERY VERY gentle with the pad analog sticks so it does not spinout violently
Old 12-09-2009, 02:10 AM
lost cause

Well, the Mustangs are more stable and I can actually combat with them, but they will still stall, even in arcade, if you get too rough with it. The 190's are better in that reguard also, especially the Dora, but they are still inferior to a lot of planes in turn radius. I love the drastically reduced numbers for unlocks, but it looks like they didn't touch the trophies (one is fifty landings on sim in CAT, another is 100 wins with an IL2!), but a platinum trophy can now be had!!!! I ordered a T-Hostas stick as I take u guys word that the problems are fixed, except maybe the zoom. There are a few more pleasant surprises yet to try (other plane model changes like P-47). All in all, I really like it. The scoring in MP is nice!! There were numerous games going on in Sim!!!!! I didn't join yet as I need a stick, but that was a first for me.

However, one negative. I got booted out of games or lobby 3 times last nite for lost connection to server, and could not get in to a lobby several more times. Oh well, most is good. Looking forward to getting home tonight!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
* This is not happening when flying the P-51, it happens with all planes, even the BF 109, which never stalls and spinouts.

* I tried all possibilities of altering the deathzone and nonlinearity for rudder, ailerions, elevator, but it still stalls, I have to be VERY VERY gentle with the pad analog sticks so it does not spinout violently
Oh ok, that is the only plane I tried the different setups on. I didn't know that.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost cause View Post
...they didn't touch the trophies (one is fifty landings on sim in CAT, another is 100 wins with an IL2!), but a platinum trophy can now be had!!!!
It's 50 landings on realistic CTA, not sim (which is a helluva lot easier) - and a little tip: they don't need to be landings that capture. You can just keep landing over and over on an airfield you already own. I wouldn't try any kind of touch 'n' go - I would come to a complete stop.

And for the 100 missions in an IL2, I'm pretty sure you can do those offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost cause View Post
However, one negative. I got booted out of games or lobby 3 times last nite for lost connection to server, and could not get in to a lobby several more times. Oh well, most is good. Looking forward to getting home tonight!
Is your PS3 in a DMZ or got ports forwarded? If you don't know what that means, google it - it's usually the cause of connection issues. If you've got blocked ports, and the host has too - failed connection. If only one of you has blocked ports you can usually connect.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

I think I speak for just about everyone when I say "WHOOOOOOO" lol

Either way, I haven't got to play around much with it, but I've liked what I've seen so far. The improvements to the P-51 are definately noticable. It feels a lot more nimble and more like...well, a fighter plane. Seems like it might even be more agile than the 109 G's now. Might have to actually trade in my trusty old G-6 if that's the case.

I couldn't tell if they changed the 190's any. It still felt fairly unresponsive to me. I admit I don't fly them often though, so it could be from my inexperience with them.

Still need to get on and test out the MP, but so far this patch seems pretty nice. Maybe I can get my old squadron off of MW2 and we can start wiping folks out again.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCfalcon View Post
I think I speak for just about everyone when I say "WHOOOOOOO" lol

Either way, I haven't got to play around much with it, but I've liked what I've seen so far. The improvements to the P-51 are definately noticable. It feels a lot more nimble and more like...well, a fighter plane. Seems like it might even be more agile than the 109 G's now. Might have to actually trade in my trusty old G-6 if that's the case.

I couldn't tell if they changed the 190's any. It still felt fairly unresponsive to me. I admit I don't fly them often though, so it could be from my inexperience with them.

Still need to get on and test out the MP, but so far this patch seems pretty nice. Maybe I can get my old squadron off of MW2 and we can start wiping folks out again.

Would you're squadron fancy a friendly match against VAS? Maybe that would be enough to lure them back from the annoying but awesomely fun and stupid game that is MW2?

Also, have you seen the post on here about the upcoming "Battle for Europe" event? We need as many players as possible for this, and the whole event is tailored specifically to squadrons and teamwork.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

i remember when i downloaded this patch i thought it was a system update and had to start the game again lol i passed it without downloading it