Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
you should try doing one, some players just want to have fun and dont care about any prize like my friend kozzmo who rejected the $20 reward for beating me so that my previous competition could continue.

just participate, and practice with us when ever you see us around. Practice makes the master my friend
Ill be happy to help! Give me a mail if you see me!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

It really is Fantastic to see someone have so much passion for a community.

Count me in,

PSN: SubaruGaz
Time: GMT:0
Old 11-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire23 View Post
It really is Fantastic to see someone have so much passion for a community.

Count me in,

PSN: SubaruGaz
Time: GMT:0
You are in with no doubt

Do I really have to say this? You dont need tryout, how can my personal nemesis need one? lol

Welcome aboard my friend
Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Edal86 for president!!! good work keeping this community afloat and entertained with these contests.
Count me in m8
philabong2
canada
EST
Old 11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Just a suggestion: You could use Skoll's site to make a nice overview of the matches. You can keep using this, works just as fine, just hoping that site will come to some use, since it could actually work . I can put the matches on the calendar for you.
I know it says it's just for XBOX, but there haven't been any XBOX matches set up lately, so I'm hoping Skoll won't be angry at me .
Old 11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

You can count me in too.

PSN: Mage_016
FINLAND
GMT: +2

Im hoping that u dont have too tight schedule for this tournament. I have so random times when I can play. Best times r mostly at weekends.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

I am in of course.

Will this be elimination tournament-type, or round robin

And are there rules for planes or does everyone just get their choice of spit, hurricane or la7?

I think the score should be the number of opponent's deaths, as that's the only way to make limited f/a work, and also because it makes it more interesting trying to push the envelope.

On the one hand, if someone crashes, it doesn't mean their opponent killed them; but on the other hand it DOES mean they crashed and their opponent didn't, which is just as bad, even if it's not intentional... if you're not shot down, you shouldn't crash.

I'm mentioning this cause I was online about 6 hours today and damned if everybody doesn't still love to crash, more now than ever, in those 3 and 4 player free-for-alls. Of course most of them were unscored kills, damaged wings, etc but there was still plenty of bad flying, including on my part, it's hard to avoid in dogfight mode.

also today was about the busiest I've seen yet in terms of matches going on, several at once most of the time. I could maybe find a few people to join this tournament. Not all speak English though.

<edit> nationality USA, time zone us pacific, GMT-8.

and hey, what happens if you win, do you give the prize to yourself?

Last edited by kozzm0; 11-08-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
Just a suggestion: You could use Skoll's site to make a nice overview of the matches. You can keep using this, works just as fine, just hoping that site will come to some use, since it could actually work . I can put the matches on the calendar for you.
I know it says it's just for XBOX, but there haven't been any XBOX matches set up lately, so I'm hoping Skoll won't be angry at me .
Thank you very much for the offer, however, I wont take it because I want to keep this as simple as possible for all participants. Some of the participants have trouble with the English Language and I dont want to confuse them by sending them to other sites in order to know who or when they are playing next.

** Please Note All Participants**
- Always check first page of this thread
- I will regularly edit the first 2 posts (I will use them as a Bulletin Board)
- Schedule, Statistics, and any Update will be found There

Vieras,
Glad you could join us. Dont worry about schedule yet, you will see that it will be very organized and strict, as well as flexible.

Philabong,
Finally, you appear. I have a shortage of North Americans my Canadian Friend
Old 11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzm0 View Post
I am in of course.

Will this be elimination tournament-type, or round robin

And are there rules for planes or does everyone just get their choice of spit, hurricane or la7?

I think the score should be the number of opponent's deaths, as that's the only way to make limited f/a work, and also because it makes it more interesting trying to push the envelope.

On the one hand, if someone crashes, it doesn't mean their opponent killed them; but on the other hand it DOES mean they crashed and their opponent didn't, which is just as bad, even if it's not intentional... if you're not shot down, you shouldn't crash.

I'm mentioning this cause I was online about 6 hours today and damned if everybody doesn't still love to crash, more now than ever, in those 3 and 4 player free-for-alls. Of course most of them were unscored kills, damaged wings, etc but there was still plenty of bad flying, including on my part, it's hard to avoid in dogfight mode.

also today was about the busiest I've seen yet in terms of matches going on, several at once most of the time. I could maybe find a few people to join this tournament. Not all speak English though.
Kozzmo, for those of you that dont know him, is a great pilot and fast learner. I admit I under estimated him and he got the best of me. My latest defeat was against him, there is a video of this battle that I will post. Welcome my friend

What is your Nationality, and Time Zone?
Yes, I took some of your feedback from the previous competition. I will post FULL DETAILS in a bit.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

O hell yes! I'm in!

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
Canada
PST