Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanrosquain View Post
Do not pay attention to these people. They think only complain and they do not see the hard work it takes to create a game like this.

Il-2 BoP is a fantastic game and I wait the sequel with impatience
So because we express concerns about a game that we are all still playing, despite several issues, that means that we don't know how much hard work went into the production of this game?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
So....

the patch is completed and its with MS/SONY and down to them to get it to us? or the publishers?
Don't know.
I think, it is still in publisher.

Quote:
Can you not give them a kick up the arse?
Can't
We are developer, and after release we don't have any powers upon 505 or 1C.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
Saying this two weeks ago would've saved this forum a lot of rants..
For me the problem isn't so much that the update isn't here yet, but mainly the lack of info about it. You've never told us for sure the update was underway and it was out of your hands. Thanks for finally doing that.
I prefer to make some clear news.
Hate saying something like 'I don't know when the update will be out', it is rather pathetic.
But complaining voices became higher, so I had to do it.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Ok no worries anton, so we can establish that you guys have done al lyou can and its now with the publishers or MS/SONY

guess all we can do is wait. Do is not anger you though to know you have sorted a patch out yet the guys at the other end are taking their time with it?

Cheers for the update anyway, we all really appreciate it.

On a side note anton -

so you know from memory (if not no worries) exactly what planes have been modified or changed?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Hate saying something like 'I don't know when the update will be out', it is rather pathetic.
Well thanks for saying something, when time goes by and players don't see promised things materialize, we start to smell vaporware. Remember the SNES-CD? At least now we know for sure there are wheels in motion. And thanks for putting your own money into the patch, we appreciate it.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Nothing pathetic about it, since you can't do anything about it. You can't imagine what kind of boost it is to hear something, even if it's just a 'don't know' .
Old 10-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Guys, the Title Update is ready (for last two weeks).
We are waiting for publisher to release it.
You have to understand, that we can't release updates, DLC or whatever ourselves.
We can only make it.
And we've made all of it, on our own money (self-funded).

So we are just waiting as well as you.
Stop blame us, that's unfair - we are the ones, who suffered most, because we are spending our own money to make community happy, and not only getting a dime from that, but also receiving negative feedback.

Let's wait (and blame publisher) together.

Thanks for the update Anton and I appreciate your feedback and hardwork!

But....

Surely you knew this game would need a patch for whatever reason. So to complain that you aren't receiveing any compensation is really between you and the publisher and should not be used as any type of an excuse to the consumer.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

I've been a long-time lurker on these boards, and like the rest of us, have suffered silenty and tried to like this game -- mostly on account of my love of WWII aviation and associated emotional investment. I have to say something now ...

While I appreciate Anton's much needed update, I am very offended and put-off by his tone. I want to know if anybody else feels similarly.

"Stop blame us, that's unfair - we are the ones, who suffered most, because we are spending our own money to make community happy, and not only getting a dime from that, but also recieving negative feedback."

So, we are supposed to feel sorry for you and your team when it was your decision to release a game that shouldn't have even escaped Q/A? I'm not talking about the performance tweaks to match aircraft performance to historical reality; I'm talking about the game-breaking deadzone issues that make flying with a stick an exercise in frustration and masochism.

I -- for the life of me -- cannot understand how a game that ADVERTISED flight stick support could have come out of the development cycle in this state. What rank amateurism.

Save the tears about your damn money ... and all the "negative feedback" you've gotten. You deserve it -- not for the delay in the update but for the state of the product at release.

The only reasons people still play this game is:

1) It is the only WWII simulator on the market. Heroes over Europe doesn't count.

2) There are people out there -- like myself -- who love aviation and WWII planes enough to put up with the fatal flaws in execution in an otherwise visually stunning game.

I tried to like this game ... for well over a flipping month. But there are just too many good games out now and coming out in the next few months for anybody to put themselves through this garbage -- especially while waiting for a patch to put the game in release condition.

Wait till MW2 comes out, Anton, and see how many people are bothering you about this game ...

You guys really dropped the ball on this one -- won the race outright but fell flat on your face right in front of the finish line.

Sorry to vent, but that "our own money" crap-- combined with the fact that we got DLC (which I bought) before the game-fixing update -- set me off.

Heck of a first post ... I'm sorry.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Guys, if this would be game published by us - you would have Title update week ago.
And cockpit DLC in a next few weeks also. And if it would be successfull DLC - another DLC would be in development already.

However, we really can't do anything to make it happen.
I am pretty sure, that for a sequel, we'll try make the deal clear about our right to provide updates and DLC.
I am really sorry
Old 10-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

good for you dreadnaught!!

I totally agree and could not explain it any better. They gotta understand $49.99 for game, $25 for Thrustmaster 3in1 programable pad, $30 for a saitek AV8R-3, and now $85 for a saitek x52 (cause there was mention about it being "the stick" for ps3 when updated). Thats like almost $200 i spent to try and get this game playable! so dont cry to me about money, when its profitable still for you guys!

so now you will understand why such harshness.

ps: add $10 to that because I am so fed up that i purchased 1946 from Steam for my PC just to play again and to get use out of my stick!

I hope it worth it after the update.