Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post

thats all we need angelo testing flight sticks online.i can here it now.my stick is knackered,oh bloody hell iv'e been got.i hate this bloody map ican't see a thing.or if the mic is screwed up aaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy?
most of the time its me saying nice shot angelo what stick you using?damn angelo you got me again!shit! go shoot someone else!!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
most of the time its me saying nice shot angelo what stick you using?damn angelo you got me again!shit! go shoot someone else!!
If it makes you happy Bucket, I will shoot at you more so Angelo doesn't get the chance 'cos you'll be already dead.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 08-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
The Cyborg X (for PC) has exactly the same rudder set up but the wires never fall off. The only difference is that there is no battery housing to interfere with the movement of the wires attached to the rudder pot. They offered to pick mine up when it failed three days after purchase and sent me a new one. They said that they wanted to keep it and evaluate why it failed - they obviousley didn't come with a solution!

All the best with the repair/replacement.
so you think if i cut out the battery box and put an adapter to the correct voltage it might work??? other than that i am sticking with my ace combat and dumping the fly9 on ebay,......when they send it back. so far i have had to relearn to fly on 3 different sticks...its like being a cadet! i wish kit carson was still running clobber college. HEY i just got an idea!

Last edited by bobbysocks; 08-20-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

If you are happy with the Ace Edge then sell the FLY 9 as, quite frankly, it's an expensive stick to have as a 'back-up'. I wouldn't remove the battery housing but try re-routing the wires to the potentiometer from the opposite direction. Remove the glue on one side of the potentiometer and run the wires along the edge of the potentiometer now free of glue and, holding the wires next to the side of the potentiometer just drop a small amount of hot melt glue to hold them in place. You might need to lengthen the pot wires - waggle the yoke around and check that the wires have enough slack to move freely.

You may find that removing the battery housing will affect any future sale but if you are intent on keeping it (and fed up with changing batteries) then I guess you could carefully hack the housing away. Problem is that 3V adaptors are not very common. I removed the housing on mine but only because I installed an AV8R PCB (which is USB powered) and the battery compartment was not needed.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Smile Return

I ended up sending my Saitek FLY 9 back to madcatz or I should say they sent a courier to collect it, after three days I had the stick back fixed and its been working fine ever since. I have purchased a wireless gaming receiver for the PC and so am very happy now with this purchase. A wireless flight stick that works on the 360 and PC (with adaptor) for £70 is great in my book.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

I don't want to spoil your excitement about using the FLY9 on a PC but be aware that you cannot get full deviation of the X and Y axis on a PC based flight sim using any controller designed for Xbox. I was hoping to use mine with IL1946 and discovered that I could only get 80% deviation. Its a limitation of the stick when used with a PC interface.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

I havnt tried IL2 for the PC with this new stick so I dont know how it plays with FLY 9, I couldnt stop stalling the plane when I tried with the Sidewinder Force Feedback and so its put me off, I have only tried Lock on Flaming Cliffs 2 and DLC Black Shark and they seem to be ok with the FLY 9. I take it deviation means the sensitivity of the controls.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

In IL2, set your pitch profile to around 80 or 85 on the last slider bar (in the hardware setup menu) when using PC flightsticks. That will stop you stalling on planes like the Spit. When flying other ac (e.g. the LA's) set the sensiitivity to max. If you use the fLY 9 or any Xbox flightstick on a PC you won't get full pitch anyway and find all the ac easier to handle but the ac handling will be compromised in turning fights.