Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

Default Game runs very bad :(

I bought the game yesterday and the performance is very bad. I have an average framerate of 17-24 fps!!? In very low and very high settings. It is always the same fps!

My system:

Windows Vista
Core 2 Duo @ 2,8 GHZ
Nvidia 8800 GTX OC
2GB Ram
Soundblaster X-Fi

Medieval II runs everything on high smooth!!!!

So will there be a patch soon or some hints to solve the problem!? Does anyone have the same problem?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

As far as i was aware this game has not been released yet , so how come you have bought a copy???
Old 03-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

I live in germany and the release date was yesterday the 6.3.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Smile

Many thanks for reply. how do you rate this game against MTW2? Do you think the graphics and game play are as good?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollard View Post
Many thanks for reply. how do you rate this game against MTW2? Do you think the graphics and game play are as good?
MTW2 seems a lot better because 13th Century is at the moment unplayable for me. Maybe because of Vista?! I dont know!

The Units and the battle-animations of the units in MTW2 are looking a bit better but the terrain looks better in 13th Century. Another thing is the sound of the game. It is compared to MTW2 very thin for example when arrows hit a unit, in 13th century u hear as good as nothing, in MTW2 u hear the hits of the arrows and the screaming of the people. But maybe I have problems with the sound too???!

But I think that 13th Century is more strategic!

I tried everything today to run the game smoothly! Im not a noob!!

Last edited by Novaliz; 03-07-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Novaliz - Thanks , very interesting, what frame rate did you get with MTW2? I have a similar spec system yo you , but i dont have vista. My Frame rate with MTW2 is 25fps but i can not run on everthing on high settings , usually medium. I have followed total war series since shogun and am here as awaiting patch for Kingdoms. This game looks good, but i thought the fight scenes looked a little "Disneyish" ie not realistic when one unit struck another.
How much does xiii cost in Germany?