Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Default Unit comparison and evaluation spreadsheet

A while ago, user ClimberL posted a spreadsheet designed to compare units in KBAP. I thought it was a pretty intriguing attempt, if somewhat incomplete and a little inaccurate in a few areas. I cleaned it up a bit and added a bunch of features for personal use, and when WotN came out I added the new units from that. I figured I'd share it, so cleaned it up a bit more and I guess here it is.

There are probably a few inaccuracies - I doubt I caught every unit stat change from AP/CW to WotN - but it should be pretty good.

As for what it does. You can simply use it as a database if you want, albeit one that doesn't list speed, initiative, or most talents or abilities. But really what it does is compare units in terms of their ability to deal damage, take damage and the combination of both, taking into account the stats and items of your hero. For example, if you have +2 morale as well as a whip and poison dagger, what's the most damaging stack you can use? How does this change if you're a viking and have absolute rage? What if you've got +50 attack from your hero and are beating up some unfortunate undead spiders?

Well, now you can know that definitively.

A note on usage - it does contain two custom excel functions. I've signed them, but I'm not a corporation so if your macro security is set to high you'll have to add my signature as trusted. If you don't trust me, alt+f11 should show the source code for the functions (just a bunch of if blocks).
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBWotN unit comparison.zip (57.5 KB, 202 views)
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Registered Member

wow very nice!

Thank you.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

Great for theorycrafting, thanks!