Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Hmm, i'm not sure what you want to say. I know what happens when using the ring. It got his worse form (class 2) and you can easily replace it.

But maybe i'm just not seing the joke in sectors original post
Old 11-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

No, what I'm saying is that I did not get the intellect. When I used the ring, my intellect went down 3 and my mana went up 6. Three permanent and 3 for the ring. Then I took the ring off, and I kept +3 mana. Still better than nothing, but not what I was expecting. I've been having other problems with the game as well. Like any time the reward for a quest is mind runes, the game doesn't put the blue graphic in parenthesis like it's supposed to and I never get the runes. Like when fighting your double, it would say:

Reward Might Runes () 2 pcs. Mind Runes () 2 pcs. Magic Runes ( ) 2pcs.

And I wouldn't get any magic runes. Not that I'm complaining. I've got Lake Fairies.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

That is weird. At least the game is playable for you, I guess.

My game is very easy. It's 9am on day 5 and I am ready to go to Freedom Isles, having just reached level 9. But as it will be 7am on day 6 when I arrive, I might as well do a couple more things in Darion first (upgrade fights, tournaments etc).

I got my 10 Might runes from the Gladiator Sword. I seem to have most of the Might tree upgraded already (not really all of it - but up to Tactics 1 and Nighttime Commander 2). I have my beloved Trade 3 as usual in the Mind tree, but that's basically it. No Glory or Reserve yet - I will have to use Castles to garrison troops for a while. And I have Distortion 3 in the Magic school, and not much else (Healing 1, Order 1). I have decided that Chaos is out of the question - in fact Concentration probably isn't all that necessary for the Warrior.

So the strategy for now is to use Trap 3 extensively (I think my Intellect is around 10) - no Phantom as yet. Presumably the Warrior should steer clear of direct damage spells due to low intellect/mana, and that basically rules out Chaos. Distortion would appear to be the way to go. And of course Leadership is a high priority - I think I have 3300 already. In Freedom Isles I will aim to marry Mirabella and stock up on Sea Dogs/Pirates and Shamans. And now it's time to sleep.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

i am in to

consider your self challanged!!!

my paladin game is stuck at lvl 26 and i am bored of it as hell. he got very retarded artifacts all over.

i start impossible warrior now to. hope i can post in your thread zhuan to
Old 11-06-2008, 02:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennec View Post
i am in to

consider your self challanged!!!

my paladin game is stuck at lvl 26 and i am bored of it as hell. he got very retarded artifacts all over.

i start impossible warrior now to. hope i can post in your thread zhuan to
Of course you can. I am not 100% sure I will finish this game though. It is my fourth game after all. My interest is FINALLY starting to wane (after 200+ hours of play).
Old 11-06-2008, 03:31 AM
Approved Member

its an awesome game

altough game gets pretty silly in end game when computer patrols have 3-4 times heroes forces. impossible withhout rage and magic.

i love being lowbie again

update: i am now lvl 5 clearing noob lands. i went for distortion magic and upgraded my rage skills (max,xp,inflow). i got poison rage stone lvl5, he got a good poison cloud an worst evil shoal atm.

i found warrior are much more dependent on rage skills. with paladin i just spammed resucrection and with mage fireballs in early stages of game.

my plan is to go with an archer army with mayby one strong melee force in front.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

Yep, well I'm struggling a bit now. Amazing contrast with my Impossible Mage game where I smashed my way through Freedom Isles with level 3 Ice Snake. This time I am having to do the quest fights first (as they don't seem to scale to 170% strength like normal stacks). So I killed Thorny Pete, the dude in the Western Isles castle, then Captain James. These were easy, but I wanted Mirabella so I had to try to kill the Kraken too.

It's much harder for me because I had become used to Chaos spells being my primary attacking force, especially in boss fights. Flaming Arrow 3 is an outstanding spell for boss fights as it only uses 5 mana. But no Chaos in this game. I had a hard time beating the Kraken at level 10 using Sea Dogs, Pirates, Swordsmen, Barbarians and Archers. The tactic was to use Dragon Arrows 2 on the Archers and kill the devilfish with the rest. But it didn't work. It took too long and the Kraken's devilfish get stronger too quickly. If you can't win this fight by about turn 20 you are in trouble, as I discovered.

Really I would have been better with Orc Shaman, but I knew there were some tough fights along the way there, so they are out of reach for now.

I finally won when I got rid of the Barbarians (I also tried my Priests which were useless) I won with Thorn Hunters. I still lost quite a lot of stuff though. Feanora's children were rubbish in this game, so after the fight I said goodbye to her, giving her 3 out of the 12 coins I had. That's broke.

So now I have Mirabella, the Pirate Flag, Chieftan's Belt, Gladiator Sword, Knight's Sword with full stacks of Sea Dogs, Pirates, Archers, Swordsmen and Royal Thorns. And no money. Sea Dogs are up to 61 attack though, so hopefully I will be able to clear out everything now.

Oh and I think Freedom Isles is about the most boring past of the game. xp grind.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

zhuan. whut units and tactics did u use to kill the giant turtle? and at whut lvl? he seems hard with no magic or rage hehe

i am lvl 5 with priests,2 archmages,swordmen,5 horsemen,archers with 6000 gold and crappy artifacts
Old 11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

I think I left the turtle until at least level 7, possibly level 8. Basically, you can get up to level 9 in Darion before going to Freedom Isles, and I would recommend doing this. Clear out everything except Staff of Destruction (i.e. levels 1 and 2 of Rezo's Tower) and Enemen's castle.

I don't recall exactly what I did for the turtle, but it was nothing special. I wasn't using any ranged units except for Inquisitors, and I had no good direct damage spells for the turtle. I suppose I had leadership of about 3000 by then though, so I hit it with Royal Snakes (no retaliation) and maybe the Swordsmen as well. You could use Thorn Hunters as another ranged unit, or if you find Dragon Arrows you can use Bowmen. I've never had a problem with the turtle, but I wouldn't try it at level 5.

Now the Kraken was a different story (see above). Thank God for the young Simpson brother and the Clear Crystal (worth 50,000 gold). That's what Trading 3 is worth - the ability to sell things for full price. It only costs 6 Mind runes to do Trading 1, 2 and 3. Best runes I ever spent. But I am hovering around 70,000 gold now, which is low.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
I think I left the turtle until at least level 7, possibly level 8. Basically, you can get up to level 9 in Darion before going to Freedom Isles, and I would recommend doing this. Clear out everything except Staff of Destruction (i.e. levels 1 and 2 of Rezo's Tower) and Enemen's castle.
In my experience it's better to defeat the turtle as soon as you can and than go to Freedom Isles buy a boat and pick up all you can (without any fighting involved ) and also do the quest that gives you anga's ring , not for the ring, it's pretty useless at the moment but for the exp , on imposible I think it's 5000 or something like it. All the leadeship flags , money , runes etc you find there will buff you up A LOT so you could clear what's left to clear in Darion very easily. It should double the leadership and add 30-40 k gold on impossible.
Probably you've been doing this but I thought to wright it for the players new to the game.