Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex View Post
In the Eastern islands, I think, if you raise the 'Moon Ghost' from the water using the spell from the wizard you'll get the 'Demon Killer' spell, could prove useful when you get to Demonis...
Don't forget to pack Magic Shackles lvl 3!!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

Thanks to Gatts and Yenko, I now have pretty general understanding on how the difficulty progresses/changes in the game. So thanks guys.

Right now, i'm doing those crypt quests in the swamp. I think i'm level 8 or 9 (can't remember excacly), and I found the pirates on the eastern islands mostly slightly weaker. So I was wondering what I missed...

So I backtracked and right now i'm doing the swamp quests and it feels right on track. (I like to play safe.)
I have one question though. When you buy units... it shows what level they have.

Does that level stay like that? I have only seen (so far) one level 3 type of unit. Or will I find the same type of units later on in the game again, but higher in level?

And 50 level 3 archimages > 80 level 2 Swordsmen? (Do I need more of a lower level to balance it?)

Lovely game, can't wait till I get to play with some elves.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 AM
Approved Member

The level of each unit remains the same throughout the game. Unit level is a prime determinant over the effectiveness of certain unit talents/abilities and spell. For instance, a level 1 resurrection is only effective to level 1 and 2 living units.

Btw Archmage is a level 4 unit.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauvhk View Post
The level of each unit remains the same throughout the game. Unit level is a prime determinant over the effectiveness of certain unit talents/abilities and spell. For instance, a level 1 resurrection is only effective to level 1 and 2 living units.

Btw Archmage is a level 4 unit.
Ok. Thank you for clearing that up.
There is a picture of a level 4 dwarven alchemist in the manual btw, but while everything from Race to Talents is explained, the level number doesn't get any explenation. Not even in the spell section, so I was wondering if it mattered that much.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Certain unit's abilities and certain spell effectiveness are limited by the 'victim's' level, so higher spell level is required, etc.
No need to worry about the level: as you progress through the game, you will be able to hire stronger units with higher levels.You will have to ditch the 'old' units, or place them in the various garrissons or use them as Sacrifice-fodder. The only 'unit' in the game that earns levels is your Hero

Last edited by YENKO; 12-28-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

After going through the game once I recommend this:

(1)
Greenwort - 5
Verlon Forest - 15
Marshan Swamps - 25
Arlania - 15

You can leave some quest unfinished as you will return here several times in the future.

(2)
Western Islands - 25
Eastern Islands - 25

Return to (1) to buy Holy Indulgence (swamp) and back to (2) to finish everything.

(3) Upper Hadar - 35
Lower Hadar - 35
Ardan Peaks - 45
Taron Mines - 45 - Underground Sea.
Mehgard - 45

You can leave some quests unfinished as you will return here in the future. Go the underground sea from Taron Mines to access some spells/flags. If you want you can sneak into Demonis to buy troops/pick up valuables.

If you care about scores, it is "faster" (in terms of in-game days) to walk from Darion to the Dwarf lands.

(4)
Magic Valley - 55
Great Wood - 65
Valley of Thousand Rivers - 55

Clear as much surface as you can before advancing to the undead land below - enemies are much tougher there.

Grey Heathland - 75
Death valley - 85

You don't need to finish all quests here yet, as you will return in the future (just before the last area).

(5)
Dwarf land - Underground Sea - Demonis - 95

Finish everything here. Don't forget about the Pyramid - hopefully you didn't miss any obelisk!

(6)
Elf land - Haas's labyrinth - Murok

Straight to the end!

Last edited by maltz; 01-31-2009 at 10:46 AM.