Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 05-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Smile Please tell me the secret of AI Blenheims

Yesterday night I followed one of them with a 109 from half Channel.....I'm no sniper for sure, but I think I hit her at least 40 times. Finally she had both engines stopped, leaking fuel from both wings, half rudder gone, and in this conditions she could glide from less than 1000 mt from Deal to make a perfect belly landing on the beach near Ramsgate. And it isn't the first time: if you set them to "engage fighters" at veteran skill they are just acrobatic, and it is with deep sadness that I must admit that I've been maybe the only 109 pilot to be shot down by a Blenheim front gun. Pity that when I fly her, my gunner seems instead to be blind! Were they historically really so tough? If it's so I don't see why the British produced other bombers!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

I presume that you are playing offline...

Dont use "veteran" or "ace" skill for bomber pilots flying ability, or they act like a "Red Baron"...

And, improve gunners skill to at least "veteran" to see what they can do.

Instead use, ie "veteran" skill for plane, go to advanced and set skill individually for pilot, gunners, bombardier...

If you plan test your own skill at rear gunner, set pilot skill as "rookie", so the AI pilot dont try "dancing" Hula Hula.

Sokol1
Old 05-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
I presume that you are playing offline...

Dont use "veteran" or "ace" skill for bomber pilots flying ability, or they act like a "Red Baron"...
In fact, I always use "veteran" skill for all the crew as "average" is really poor. And increasig too much beyond veteran the skill of gunners isn't nice when you play the fighter . But while the German bombers and the Wellington with the same skill go down when they are "reasonably" hit, I've found many times the Blenheim very hard to shoot down.