Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Tally-ho!

Hey all!

Firstly I just want to declare how much I love this game. In fact, it was the primary reason I purchased a 'next gen' console (haven't owned one since the PS1!). I have been into WW2 aircraft since I was a kid, so this game just appeals to my interests perfectly

I live in the UK so my time zone is GMT and I usually play in the evenings (18:00 - 00:00) whenever I get chance. However, Mondays and Wednesdays are definitely the best days to catch me online.

My gamertag is: Los Rhysos and prefer playing in realistic mode, but am also happy with arcade battles if there is a game on. Sim is too hardcore for me at the moment, but will get there eventually
Old 10-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTXYO View Post
Hi all, new to BOP and looking foward to many hours of online play with you all. I live in manchester UK and play most nights from 22.30.

My love of aircraft came from many airshows from my younger years, in my teens i joined the ATC 2468 SQN and had the joy of learning to fly a small 2 seater aircraft called the Chipmunk. I would love to fly again but i guess flight sims will have to do for now.
Ha ha, snap! I also flew the Chipmunk years back when I was in the ATC (1003 SQN) I seem to remember that the engine had a cartridge start system. It was like firing a shotgun round into the engine to get the prop to turn over. Bet you don't see many of these in operation anymore!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

welcome v1 cut and los rhysos. v1 if you ever get on late at night look me up there have been some lively games aftre 11 lately. but for both of you...the time you are on you should find a bunch of the guys from the uk on then. hit up robotic pope and the others and you will have some very pleasant games. enjoy.

GT Bobbysockser
Old 10-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Registered Member

Hi everyone, I found this game at my local Gamestop for $10.00 and thought it would be well worth it considering my love for flight sims. So far I'm in LOVE with it. It's above and beyond Ace Combat. I have quite a bit of PC flight sim experience.

Lock On: Modern Air Combat
Flight Simulator 2004
Combat Flight Simulator
Aces High II

I'm still getting used to playing a sim style game with a console controller but I'm getting there. I play on Xbox 360 and I'm in the Eastern time zone. I'm online usually late at night/very early morning so I'm sure I'll be on around the same time as the Brit guys. Unfortunately every time I try and play online there are no games does no one play anymore? If anyone would like to play my gamertag is pwncakes rool.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:27 AM
Registered Member

Default noob

Privet, the names Abaddon but my friends call me Abaddon And i am new to this forum but not new to the game, i had it for 1 and a half days so im pretty pro. Im looking for players to shoot around with the GT is PsychoAbaddon hope to see ya on, ps im playing under the name passiondancer69 until i get mem back tomorrow

Last edited by Psychoabaddon; 10-30-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

welcome to the forum cb1221 and psychoabaddon. read through this thread and add people in your time zone or that play when you are online. you should get some decent games. cb i will be on tonight after 11 if you fancy some sim or real games. my GT is Bobbysockser. psycho...you are more than welcome then as well but since you didnt post your time zone of time of day you play i didnt know if you would be on. there is a wealth of info in this forum. if you have a question do a search...most likely the topic has been covered. if not then feel free to ask.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

Bobbysocks are you referring to 11pm Eastern? My wife is working over night so I'll more than likely be on all night tonight.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

yep that is when i am talking. hopefully more of the regular guys will show up as well.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

Sounds good to me! I'll definitely be on. I'll send a friend request.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Registered Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okey so im a new pilot to the PS3 Birds of Prey game. I havent figured out yet how to get to the online play. Ive beaten arcade mode and have been trying to develop my skills on realistic before i go for sim. Found my love for WWII aircraft from my dad and uncle. Both were in the USAF and use to compete on model building. Some of the models can be seen at March Air Force Base air museum. Favorite aircraft was the P-38 "Forked Tailed Devil" Lightning. shame there arnt more in the game..

Last edited by Tammy1949; 11-07-2011 at 02:23 AM.