Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs down Launcher Crash

Hi there,

After years of waiting for the original Storm of War (now Cliffs of Dover) I finally invested into this game. However I can't even start it. The game launcher unexpectedly crashes after starting.

Min specs mentioned are: Win Xp/Vista/ 7 DirectX 9.0C. I am running Win 7 with 9.0c
as my card is the latest from the nVidia 7 series (7900) and does not support Direct X 10.

I have just read that Win 7 version doesnt support Dx9.0c. Does it mean I won't be able to play this game at all ? If not,is there any chance of refund ? After I played Birds of Prey,which run with very good fps on my comp I am totally disappointed. I expected this game (especially after so many years of development) to be optimised well.

Mars

Mars
Old 03-31-2011, 11:02 AM
602Sqn.McLean

Default Got ripped off

Same with me mate. I waited for two friggin hours and now the bloody thing won't start. Same thing, Launcher crashes. How ripped off am I. I'm so friggin angry.
No other game have I ever purchased takes two friggin hours to load and then won't start because it won't launch.
Steam friggin sucks and now I know why everyone was spewing when it was put on that stupid system.
Not all of us are friggin computer savy. Imagine someone buying this piece of crap and expects it load easily like every other friggin game.
I've waited, literally years for this friggin thing to come out and this is what I get. Some piece of crap that I might as well throw in the bin. I've waited up late to see this thing run and now it won't.
What a sorry piece of crap.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtheninth View Post
Hi there,

After years of waiting for the original Storm of War (now Cliffs of Dover) I finally invested into this game. However I can't even start it. The game launcher unexpectedly crashes after starting.

Min specs mentioned are: Win Xp/Vista/ 7 DirectX 9.0C. I am running Win 7 with 9.0c
as my card is the latest from the nVidia 7 series (7900) and does not support Direct X 10.

I have just read that Win 7 version doesnt support Dx9.0c. Does it mean I won't be able to play this game at all ? If not,is there any chance of refund ? After I played Birds of Prey,which run with very good fps on my comp I am totally disappointed. I expected this game (especially after so many years of development) to be optimised well.

Mars

Mars
I take it you haven't bothered looking at the official system requirements thread? Incase you didn't, then let me be the first one to tell you that your card WILL NOT run CLOD.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602Sqn.McLean View Post
Same with me mate. I waited for two friggin hours and now the bloody thing won't start. Same thing, Launcher crashes. How ripped off am I. I'm so friggin angry.
No other game have I ever purchased takes two friggin hours to load and then won't start because it won't launch.
Steam friggin sucks and now I know why everyone was spewing when it was put on that stupid system.
Not all of us are friggin computer savy. Imagine someone buying this piece of crap and expects it load easily like every other friggin game.
I've waited, literally years for this friggin thing to come out and this is what I get. Some piece of crap that I might as well throw in the bin. I've waited up late to see this thing run and now it won't.
Thats right! Blame steam.....

What are your specs?!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602Sqn.McLean View Post
Sir, you must be joking.
There is nothing wrong with steam.

Cliffs Of Dover on the other hand needs a lot of attention as it is a baby born too early. Lets hope it will make it with the nursing of the devs and the community.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I take it you haven't bothered looking at the official system requirements thread? Incase you didn't, then let me be the first one to tell you that your card WILL NOT run CLOD.
I assumed wrong on that count too, I am running an Nvidia GT330M on a Toshiba Laptop (4GB RAM, 2.67GHz). I get the menu, but no planes or pilots, and when I load mission, it loads then CTD.

However, I DO NOT think it is a waste of money, or a piece of crap, and Steam does not suck...I will stick with it as I believe in Oleg and his development team.

The angry guys need to chill....mind you, it probably saves them beating their wives.

In the meantime, I'll be around in IL 2 1946land.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick View Post
I assumed wrong on that count too, I am running an Nvidia GT330M on a Toshiba Laptop (4GB RAM, 2.67GHz). I get the menu, but no planes or pilots, and when I load mission, it loads then CTD.

However, I DO NOT think it is a waste of money, or a piece of crap, and Steam does not suck...I will stick with it as I believe in Oleg and his development team.

The angry guys need to chill....mind you, it probably saves them beating their wives.

In the meantime, I'll be around in IL 2 1946land.
I agree with you Deadstick. Good luck with your tweaks.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Default Well I did pay attention to those

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core 2.0GHz or Athlon™ X2 3800+
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: DirectX® 9.0c compliant, 512MB Video Card
DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10GB
Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible
Peripherals: Mouse, keyboard
Multiplay: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster

I meet all the minimum requirements,which were stated before the release. There was no mention about a NEED to have DirectX 10 compatible card under Win 7 or am I blind and you just see what I cannot ??
Old 03-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

You forgot:

*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:

ATI® 4850/4870/5830/5850/5770/5870/6870/6950/6970

NVidia®: 8800/9800/250/260/275/285/460/465/470/480
Old 03-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

IF you have a digital download problem read this from another thread , I was having launcher problems , and this sorted it.

adonys
Senior Member Join Date: Apr 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you have installed the redist programs needed for Il2 BoB to run (DirectX, VC 2008 controls, DotNetFx 4.0 - they can all be found in IL2 BoB's install folder/redist), and that you actually rebooted your computer after installing them.

Jafa.