Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Approved Member

Yeah.. It's pretty funny that 10+ years of patching, expanding, and fixing the old IL2 would possibly make you believe they might just do that with the new one.

Funny indeed.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
Yeah.. It's pretty funny that 10+ years of patching, expanding, and fixing the old IL2 would possibly make you believe they might just do that with the new one.

Funny indeed.
You're right, I forgot that after the release of IL2 it has the same amount of bugs in it.

IL2 was not nearly as immature as CoD after the release.

But, believe whatever you want!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etzi View Post
You're right, I forgot that after the release of IL2 it has the same amount of bugs in it.

IL2 was not nearly as immature as CoD after the release.

But, believe whatever you want!
Really, so you're saying it's unfinished? Good call Sherlock!

As far as believing, the company already has a track record of fixing and expanding their software. And thus far, since this game has been released, it's had almost a patch every month. Seems like they are on the same track to me.

So yeah, I'll believe what I want based on past and present support. But thanks for the truly insightful post.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

nice fairy tale bliss.
i mean you are right when its about the FMB.
at least i think so, because i still have major problems with it.im not even able to spawn planes on different times anymore.it was really easy with 1946 but now i have no glue how to do.
but i agree that there is huge potential in that machine.
now the big question is what will be done with that potential?
we know that it should be possible to have actual groundwar with human players theoretically one day.yes the controls are already here to steer vehicels.well that would be a hell of a breakthrough.
but i somehow doubt we will see that with that game.
but i really hope i am wrong.man i really do...
Old 07-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

Speculation on: They are working flat out on Battle of Moscow add on.When that is released bugs fixed, improvements in weather,sounds, landscape etc, will also apply to CoD.
We will probably have to pay for it though! /Speculation off
Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

The average bloke in the street is bothered about gameplay and having fun, not what the games engine is.
Having such a marvelous wonderful game engine that you can do so much with is all rather pointless if the product that uses it aint much cop.

Here's hoping the sim turns out to be everything SYN Bliss expects though.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy TASB View Post
The average bloke in the street is bothered about gameplay and having fun, not what the games engine is.
Having such a marvelous wonderful game engine that you can do so much with is all rather pointless if the product that uses it aint much cop.

Here's hoping the sim turns out to be everything SYN Bliss expects though.
Gameplay and having fun are directly related to the game engine. Just imagine only being able to have a total of 45 planes on a map or theater of war that had an massive invasion force in the air? (WWII BOB) Being able to recreate some history and fly in it is what makes it fun, at least to me. I like immersion.

But if your cup of tea is flying around over empty trenches in a 1vs1, that's fine with me.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
nice fairy tale bliss.
i mean you are right when its about the FMB.
at least i think so, because i still have major problems with it.im not even able to spawn planes on different times anymore.it was really easy with 1946 but now i have no glue how to do.
but i agree that there is huge potential in that machine.
now the big question is what will be done with that potential?
we know that it should be possible to have actual groundwar with human players theoretically one day.yes the controls are already here to steer vehicels.well that would be a hell of a breakthrough.
but i somehow doubt we will see that with that game.
but i really hope i am wrong.man i really do...
David,

You can already drive a vehicle in the old game (IL2 46+UP3.0) I think it's some sort of jeep if I remember right. I honestly don't think that part will be hard for them at all. But there will be plenty of model work needed for the pits, etc.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

I cant wait to jump out of my 109 into a waiting kublewagen race off to a storch or arado 196 that already has it's engine primed and take off to pick up my wingman that is hiding in some bushes or clinging to his life raft after being forced to bail out .

Nice dream bliss I want this so badly but I will stick for a improved Cod atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 07-22-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

BTW speaking of original IL-2 I enjoyed it in 800x600 res setting color depth to 16 bit only to get my 30-35 fps. It was a great time!

I remember luthier posting on sukhoi.ru that about 1 year before release (my guess is it's when UBI pressed for timing) they had an option either to cut features and concentrate on bug fixing polishing the limited release OR to continue expanding engine possibilities. It was very tempting to reduce the workload but they took the challenge.

Some people will never get it.