Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Yeah a Z axis would work well in theory; maybe make it like as if you had the Delete, End and Page Down keys for view on some type of 'slider' that would work with mouse or TrackIR.

But having said that, I'd also imagine that if such a feature were easy enough to implement, it would have been already.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

I have tried only BOB:WoV'S demo and it has seemed to me very much faraway the precision and the realism of IL2. Saying that it is an Arcade game has been an exaggeration to make understand that the one who uses IL2 for years, does not start to play BOB, for the quality of the game and for the multiplayer community that turns around it.

About 6dof in IL2:
Seeing the video on youtube showing IL2's 6dof in action it has not seemed to me quite so disastrous. Have you ever tried Live For speed S2 with the vector? sometimes the head escape out of the vehicle, but LFS' programmers Staff has decided to insert, in any case, this possibility for the users and no one has never lamented, considering that LFS is a multyplayer game!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

yes andrea but Oleg wants to be all in the best shape or he wont turn it on, and i agree with that decision.
I am for 6 DOF but in BoB SOW

my 2 cents
Old 10-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

The only feasible solution would be to have only a little room for head-movement, say a couple of inches sideways and one inch vertically and use z-axis for zoom. This way, you would still be able to look behind a strut, but wouldn't see all the missing fuselage pieces.

Remember, when your head shakes in the game, the cockpit looks okay so it should be possible. Perhaps, as a downside, head shakes should be restricted then even more...
Old 10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

Not going to happen. Not in IL-2.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Well maybe in a different version who knows...

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Default 6DoF? naaaaaaaa.

With 1C/Maddox Games working on BoB:SoW I fail to see where the company would find the time to impliment 6DoF in the proper manner.

With so many other issues affecting IL2 '46, 6DoF is the last thing I'd want implimented. (Trust me. I wave my fist in frustration when a plane hides behind a pillar too.)

The IL2 engine is old. It's time for the new one in BoB. That's where efforts and resourses are being spent, and I'd prefer it that way.

Some may not be waiting with baited breath to have BoB released, and that's fine, but Oleg's resources are for BoB not IL2. His payroll is banked with the new sim.... not a 6 year old game that has little potential to earn more money.

As for BoB:WoV from Shockwave? I'd recommend the 2.06 patch. The demo isn't a fair indication of the great work done by extreemly dedicated individuals working on that game.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim
I aggree that 6DOF would be bad for online, but I would love to see a way to get 4DOF I.E., being able to use the existing "zoom" function with track IR. there used to be a solution allowing this but it was apparrently using a hole in the track IR's driver. I think it could be implemented fairly easily, but of course there is oly so much manpower available. Such is life.
You can do that depending on your stick... just set a button to > or < FoV... if you use a Saitek or a CH stick.. or any stick with decent profiling software, you can assign a button to these keys and simulate looking in and out... thats the only way I ca read my gauges...

While it would be nice to have 6DoF in thos sim I would rather not have it than see the same results I saw in that FW-190 video on You tube... they guy is loking in 6Ds yes.. but at one point his head is outside of his closed cockpit... and on other planes you can see through the gaps in the frame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970
Not going to happen. Not in IL-2.
I dont see it either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by II./JG1_Krupinski
Make no mistake, these guys didn't implement 6 DOF in any way; all they did was 'turn it on'.
I'm pretty sure this has always been in IL-2, was just disabled due to the modeling requirements and cockpit restraints for each plane.
At this stage of the game, I wouldn't care one bit about the modeling problems, but I understand that a new can of worms would be opened when people could move their heads outside the canopy.
But, if they find it in their hearts, I'd love to have 4 or 6 DOF.
-Raven

Therin lies the problem... the models that they chose to do this on had the extra space in the 3D model... but what about the planes that don't have that extra space because the models weren t made with 6DoF in mind...? You would get the holes and such like what we saw in the P-38 video...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea
Whoever doesn't like this feature...simply will not use it!
but many people needs to have all the degrees of freedom, and programmers at 1c Maddox knows how to activate this in the correct way to bind other illegal hacking otherwise they would not be programmers
It isn't that simple...
Old 10-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Bearcat 6DOF can be made with a limitation as i did for my BOB2 thx..
an example.

limitation up and down with G's and movements as well a invisible box that cannot get through .. to each plane limitations some more and some less with the respect of the cockpits.

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

Do u think 1C Maddox Staff could not insert another 4 degrees of freedom in the correct way? blocking the head to the cockpit's natural limits?

They can for sure....I know that they are working on a new game like BOB, but after 6 years of IL2 history, 6years of money spent for games and patch, 6 years of faith...we deserve 6dof!

Look at Grand Prix Legends, one of the most appreciated and used game in multyplayer...the game has changed completely with patch, add-ons and of course 6dof....6dof for a 1998 game!

Look at Aces High 2...When u zoom to the cockpit you can see some modelling errors, but viewing around here is so natural and beauty..!!

Even Falcon 4.0 and Lockon after years...with the latest patch and versions has got 6dof now! it seems that it lacks only at the great IL2 community