Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
1946without a moments hesitation!!!

Yes Wings of Prey is very good & its clearly head & shoulders over Birds of Prey but 1946 has absolutely everything the pc WWII aviation enthusiast could ever dream of. It's had years of fine tuning & additions & Wings of Prey is a step in the right direction; a worthy 1st attempt indeed. Wings of Prey does NOT have a mission builder although I read somewhere that there are plans to include one in a future patch. There is still the track replay facility. WoP has a very crude replay in place but my video will show that there is no player drop cameras, known as static cameras in IL-2 Sturmovik, no simple flyby view (found in almost any flightsim, even Ace Combat) & certainly no multitude of views to be found, like in Sturmovik (external friendly padlock view, ground target view etc) & ofcourse Bomber aircraft are still highly, out of place, arcade beasts with no interior, no gun stations or bombadier stations; but it is pointed in the right direction. I've been very impressed with the P-51, P-47, 109, FW, 262, Komet, 110, M.C. 202, Yak-7, LaGG & Stuka Cockpits & it's highly playable. And now multiple perepherals & Track IR are recognised, I can instantly fly the P-51 once again, with no stall-outs every half second. I also don't need to mention the graphics as that was always BoP's strong point anyway.

Very pleased but, like many others here have found, it's taken about 3 or 4 purchases of this franchise to get here.

For those asking, I will post a LaGG-3 35 Cockpit video on this thread later tonight & will follow up with the Yak-7b.
One last thing on that, if you could give us some profile shots of the planes frames, that would be great too. I want to see how accurate they got them.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

Houndstone, you are the greatest! Great shots of the cockpit (which is VERY accurate) and the profile shots, are definitely that of a 35!!! Can't wait for the Yak-7b, if it's as accurate as the LaGG. There is no doubt in my mind, I'll be purchasing WoP & Upgrading my PC with my next two paychecks.

And here's this. It's the highest Soviet medal, the 'Hero of the Soviet Union' medal. You deserve it for shooting down those terrible Me-110s over the great city, named after our glorious leader, Comrade Stalin.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
And here's this. It's the highest Soviet medal, the 'Hero of the Soviet Union' medal.

WOW!!! I'm going to bed, decorated lol. A massive honour indeed. I'll wear that with virtual pride. Thanks man. Will knock up the Yak vid as soon as poss. I guarantee you'll love it too; they've done very well with this one & I sense good things coming to WoP. Also very impressed with the new Italian & German 'Pits' & they've even put the little floor window in place, in the Ju-87 Stukas.

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 12-21-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Quote:
And here's this. It's the highest Soviet medal, the 'Hero of the Soviet Union' medal.

WOW!!! I'm going to bed, decorated lol. A massive honour indeed. I'll wear that with virtual pride. Thanks man. Will knock up the Yak vid as soon as poss. I guarantee you'll love it too; they've done very well with this one & I sense good things coming to WoP. Also very impressed with the new Italian & German 'Pits' & they've even put the little floor window in place, in the Ju-87 Stukas.
lol I'm sure with the accuracy put into the LaGG, the Yak should be accurate as well. Hope the MC202 is good as well.

Also, forgot to give you the Defense of Stalingrad medal. Which is awarded for your direct/strict duty over the city, and not allowing the Fascist invaders to take..... well doesn't matter. You get it because you fought over Stalingrad.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
+1

Also I see that the start of the video says Mustang MkIa. Does this mean the fake P-51B is no more?, along with it's 4 fake machine guns?
Sorry if my question was already answered. Does anybody know?

That Yak-7 looks good.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 12-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Sorry if my question was already answered. Does anybody know?

That Yak-7 looks good.
To tell you the truth, I've been so wrapped up with the now-correct P-51D 'office' & the plethora of new cockpits that I haven't taken the Mustang Mk.Ia up but I do believe it's more or less the same a/c as was featured in BoP with the same 4 wing mounted cannons. I think it's just changed in name.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Two medals in one night!!! Well your generosity must be rewarded with these crude Yak-7 pics to be getting on with. I'll bang a vid up as soon as I can; in the mean time - go get Wings of Prey BETA; it's getting even better by the day. Patch 1.0.1.0 has just sprung up. Enjoy ...
It's like the dev's listened to everything I ever said about Soviet planes. *tears up* They even gave it the right cockpit with the razor back!! Should have done the same with the Yak-1b but whatever it doesn't matter now. I have my very own Soviet-eqsue P-40. (Yeah, the Soviets took the cockpit/razor back style of the American P40, and put it on their Yak-1s and obviously the Yak-7s.)
Old 12-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
To tell you the truth, I've been so wrapped up with the now-correct P-51D 'office' & the plethora of new cockpits that I haven't taken the Mustang Mk.Ia up but I do believe it's more or less the same a/c as was featured in BoP with the same 4 wing mounted cannons. I think it's just changed in name.
If the Mustang Ia has got four 20mm cannons then it's been fixed aswell. Fake P-51B in BoP had four .50 machine guns. This makes me happy that they have actualy listened to all the sugestions we have been making in the theads here.

lol Ive never seen Soviet Ace happier.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 12-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Default Track IR

Hi,

Thanks a lot for posting this - I'm particularly impressed with the Track IR - would free up the right stick on the pad and be so much more intuitive. I just wonder, isn't there a thing called Eye TV for PS that has that kind of functionality, couldn't that be adapted by the developers to sense head movement? I'd get one right away!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if possible we should put this on our developers wish list asap.

MACADEMIC
Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Patch 1.0.2.0 released tonight and .....

....it includes a P-40E. Man this sim is something else. Haven't downloaded it yet. Something to very much look forward to tomorrow.

Re: MACADEMIC's post. Hey, like the way you're thinking. Great idea but I'm very sure it wouldn't work. TRACK IR is an extremely sophisticated little gizmo & uses infrared light to track your head movements in much the same way as ultra-expensive targeting systems. Track IR5 is weighing in at something like £130. On the other hand, the Playstation Eye is little more than a glorified webcam. It would've been great if it could be enhanced with games like BoP in providing motion data but I have doubts as to its limitations.

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 12-22-2009 at 11:10 PM.