Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Default a thought: what takes longer: to operate a very light wheel or a 100kg lever

well trim was delayed to my sadness and rbj on the basis that spinning a wheel takes long to operate

well i have a question for you

whats easier to make crazy vertical scissors with?

a wheel servoassisted by servotabs or a stick which weights 100 kg

if theres delay in the trim theres should be more delayed in the stick at high speeds

in fact the part of the glove of a pilot who wers out faster is the one in contact with the trim

its crazy can you belive f1 2010 (game)has delay in the wheel?

edit:

also it would have been quite easy for a mechanic modify an spit and link the stick with the trim tabs getting a servo, im not sure this can be done in a 109

i think trim delay should be obliterated its unrealistic and was introduced due to mass histeria:

hey its unfair you can move your surfaces farther by the trim you know the bat turn

like you could make a car turn faster by mopving more the front whhels

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL

Last edited by raaaid; 07-24-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

An F1 car does not have any delay in the wheel.

and just because the stick can undergo forces of 100kg (I'm presuming the figure you supplied is accurate) does not mean the controls should lag. resistance is not equal to delay. The only way to really simulate that would be a stick capable of 100kg of force feedback.

Edit: Sorry, I see what you're getting at now. Your argument was a little back to front!

Last edited by DrSanchez; 07-24-2011 at 03:28 PM.