Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: Should this forum be deleted and only have the sub-forums instead
Yes this Forum link is pointless as all that happens is moaning 9 36.00%
Yes I enjoy coming to this Forum and reading the same questions over and over again 16 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Default As posted above - Should this forum just be deleted and have sub-forums only?

I don't actually think this forum should exist. I think the Cliffs of Dover link should just take you to the page that shows a list of Sub-Forums. That way people can post where the subject is relevent.

Currently all this forum is used for is

1) Where's the next patch

2) Why is the game broke

3) Why won't Luthier talk to us

4) Where's the next patch

5) Tracer's are wrong

That's all that gets posted here, so I suggest getting rid of this forum and making people post in the sub-forums only.

Currently they sit at the top of the page and everyone moans here. (I am one of them but it really is getting boring now)

MP
Old 07-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

oh i like it people behaving like kids makes my giberish even look interesting

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 07-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
lmao!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

So true
Old 07-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Global Moderator

Your poll is a bit bias don't you think?

General discussion is about non-specific stuff. Also general discussions are where many people have questions or want to talk about things that aren't in the more specific sub-forums.

When I go to new sites I look for the forums with the most postings. When I want answers I want to go where there is a lot of activity. I usually get answers...even though I sometimes get links to other places.

An off-topic forums would be just that on this forums. The discussions would be open and all the non-specific discussions could be moved into the forum.

Additionally, I never go the Off Topic forums on Ubisoft or other forums. We all pretty well know, if you want to argue or get your "proverbial head handed to you" that is where you go. LOL

There are some things I've known for years about air combat enthusiasts... they are an aggressive lot. Go online play and you'll see what buddies they are. LOL

Yes, sometimes they carry the aggression too far, but quite frankly I think it's the nature of the beast.

Last edited by nearmiss; 07-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post

There are some things I've known for years about air combat enthusiasts... they are an aggressive lot. Go online play and you'll see what buddies they are. LOL

Yes, sometimes they carry the aggression too far, but quite frankly I think it's the nature of the beast.
+1
Aggressive and cocky
Old 07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

I find it entertaining to come on every now and again and poor through what you would call the pointless threads some are boring and some are interesting and sometimes I even get to have a chuckle at someones silly post and for that i feel its worth having

Besides i think it would have the reverse effect you want if you get rid of this area then the sub forums would just get hijacked for most of this type of posting and then you would need to get rid of those and start new ones and so on and so on.

Censorship even in its most minor form is a viscous cycle that really never ends once you start down the road. My advise would be if you find this free for all area to be uninteresting just only pop in and out of the sub forums and avert your eyes from reading anything........well.......that you don't want too read

cheers
Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
I don't actually think this forum should exist. I think the Cliffs of Dover link should just take you to the page that shows a list of Sub-Forums. That way people can post where the subject is relevent.

Currently all this forum is used for is

1) Where's the next patch

2) Why is the game broke

3) Why won't Luthier talk to us

4) Where's the next patch

5) Tracer's are wrong

That's all that gets posted here, so I suggest getting rid of this forum and making people post in the sub-forums only.

Currently they sit at the top of the page and everyone moans here. (I am one of them but it really is getting boring now)

MP
It needs to exist to keep the sub-forums clear of the rubbish posted here.

Anyone with coherent factual data can post it in the subforums as they want it looked at by those like minded, the look at me I'm important and my stuff is 100% and I'm a pilot, flak gunner, Hollywood film producer, aeronautical engineer, ex WW2 fighter pilot on both the Axis and Allieds side, explosives ballistics experts, and all other know it all's, will post here in the main forum thinking they will get more attention, and they do from the usual suspects of course.

So it remains simply for that reason.

IMHO of course

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 07-23-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
This would be the come back of the year if it was specifically targeted at someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan21cag View Post

Besides i think it would have the reverse effect you want if you get rid of this area then the sub forums would just get hijacked for most of this type of posting and then you would need to get rid of those and start new ones and so on and so on.
This is exactly why i wouldn't do away with the general discussion area, it would break open the "playground gates" and have the effect of these posts spilling out into the more useful sub-forums.

If anything, i would go about it the opposite way: keep a certain venue for argumentative posts, speculation and forum-fighting for those interested in it and as a place to vent, but tightly contain it to a single thread.

I vote for a single sticky thread titled "Rants, arguments and speculation megathread". Any post or thread that just aims to stir things up gets promptly moved/merged from its original location into the megathread. This way people who want to argue can still do so and the rest can easily ignore them without having to scroll through half the first page.

The only drawback is that it requires some work from the moderators but to be perfectly honest, they already have their hands full as it is.
Maybe it would actually be easier for them to just cut and paste/merge the offending posts or threads into a single "quarantine" sticky, than having to paste big, bold red letters on offending posts, keep tabs of how many strikes each poster has before a ban is instituted and so on. Just move everything that causes trouble to a single thread and let them go about their business without being able to influence other threads and pull them off-topic.

What do you think moderators?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Raaaid,i never thought i was ever gonna say this to you;

you're the only one with self-knowlidge here!