Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Tree_UK

Default Changing plane on servers

Is it possible to turn the option off on servers where you can jump plane, for example i had a fight against a 109 the other night who was clearly a human pilot (most identifiable by his custom skin) having shot him up real bad I rolled over on him and finished him off, the server announced that I had killed an AI 109, obviously the guy just switched planes when he knew it was all over, can this be diabled server side? I really hope it can be turned off because once online flyers realise that when they are losing a dogfight they can just press esacpe and create a new plane without getting a death against them then it kind of defeats the idea of having dogfight servers. People are already flying through the tree's to avoid being shot down, if its a simple server setting then great it can be turned off if not it surely has to go down as a bug!

Last edited by Tree_UK; 07-23-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Is it possible to turn the option off on servers where you can jump plane, for example i had a fight against a 109 the other night who was clearly a human pilot (most identifiable by his custom skin) having shot him up real bad I rolled over on him and finished him off, the server announced that I had killed an AI 109, obviously the guy just switched planes when he knew it was all over, can this be diabled server side? I really hope it can be turned off because once online flyers realise that when they are losing a dogfight they can just press esacpe and create a new plane without getting a death against them then it kind of defeats the idea of having dogfight servers. People are already flying through the tree's to avoid being shot down, if its a simple server setting then great it can be turned off if not it surely has to go down as a bug!
It's old, known issue: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22730
I totally agree with you, but many people do not like the idea (i dont understand why?), and there is no solution yet (there is not difference, that you would sit into a new plane during flying, or at start). The solution is at the developers, should this be put into it as an eligible option.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here

Last edited by VO101_Tom; 07-23-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Other topic, the same problem: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24107

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 07-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Tree_UK

Thanks Tom, its confirmed my worst fears unforunately in that the multi player is completely porked.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

wow i didn't know that ...
thanks for the heads up ...
Salute..
Old 07-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

There is a setting under the realism section to prevent changing planes.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
There is a setting under the realism section to prevent changing planes.
Yes, but the flammer don't even try to look at that, the options available, just jump here to say another crap about be "completely porked"...

As usual...
Old 07-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Tree_UK

We are talking about on MP servers, do try and keep up numpty boy.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
We are talking about on MP servers, do try and keep up numpty boy.
Yes, we are talking. It's server side controlled. Set "Cannot Swich Planes" in realism settings.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
Yes, we are talking. It's server side controlled. Set "Cannot Swich Planes" in realism settings.
....and you think thats an option server side, or are you just guessing? From what i have read, its not an option.