Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

agreed

Last edited by skouras; 07-21-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Azazel View Post
I noticed the first couple two versions of the spits were a bit sluggish but they'll get there with FMs. Good times ahead.
They all need a FM overhaul mate...like whats been said the SPitII is the only fighter close to RL performance..or whats it is known as

A spitII can chase down a 109 presently and a hurri rotol can do the same...Not good

Im sure someone said the 109 is about 30/40kph under where it should be atm and the Spit1a doesnt have the correct Boost levels (fuel used)
Old 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Azazel View Post
Yeah, I had to wait for the state side release. Ignore my giddiness

I've owned COD since the Australian release and am still getting surprised by the detail that they've put into this sim.

I started off with a similar attitude (Hey I can't name one sim that didn't take a while to sort out, and I've owned a few) and have been really impressed with how far they've brought this sim in the last two months. I'm sure the improvements will just keep on coming!

Cheers and welcome to the community!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Exellent post mate. I too like to start with everything as realistic as it can, cause I find it really rewarding to learn to use and fight with the machine by yourself. (and with a bit of forum-searching of course, and thanks for that )

Also, isn't fun to just fly the pattern in peace, to get to know the plane, how it performs in different states of flight, what are the instrument readings and such.. For me at least, it's very joyable.

And yes, this sim should definitely be considered as a beta, but the he**s wrong with that? The most effective way to beta test a sim I'd say. Of course we'd like to have a 100% perfect sim from the day one, but really, how many sims there are which have done that?

Zero.

Keep on flying mates!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
I've owned COD since the Australian release and am still getting surprised by the detail that they've put into this sim.

I started off with a similar attitude (Hey I can't name one sim that didn't take a while to sort out, and I've owned a few) and have been really impressed with how far they've brought this sim in the last two months. I'm sure the improvements will just keep on coming!

Cheers and welcome to the community!
Same here. Every single day I notice something else. Just wait to you start mucking around in the FMB and you'll soon find the possibilities for missions are endless. Definitely good times ahead

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Keep the posts coming guys ... your slowly building my enthusiasm.

I was still getting crappy performance after the latest patch, so I've uninstalled and reinstalled CoD and gone back to Cat 11.5 drivers, I'll see how it plays out tonight when I get home.

One thing that surprised me was I got increased frame rates when I disabled crossfire, that's not right is it?
Old 07-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Approved Member

Codex, crossfire is not yet properly implemented so switching it off gives you full power of one GPU which is better than having two under-utilized GPUs. You have a beefier card than i do (i'm running a 4890 on mostly medium settings), so just go ahead and disable it while they fix it and you'll have acceptable performance in the meantime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesmanSF View Post

Also, isn't fun to just fly the pattern in peace, to get to know the plane, how it performs in different states of flight, what are the instrument readings and such.. For me at least, it's very joyable.
Best dozen hours or so spent on a newly acquired game of any kind for me, back when i first installed it during the EU release.

I think i tried out every single flyable there is and that's how i found out a lot about CEM, maximizing performance and spotting bugs and workarounds for them if possible. Oh, the masochistic fun of taking the G.50 for a whirl and flying through clouds, only to discover mid-channel that it lacks carburetor heaters, have the engine seize, ditch in the drink and have a bunch of Gladiators strafe you while you sit in the water